Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Should i paint this? (Rear bumper)

Discussion in 'Chevy C/K Truck Forum' started by ShadowRejects, Sep 18, 2011.

1. ShadowRejects

ShadowRejects Rockstar 100 Posts

Promised yall pics! here they are, It's dry but not fully cured. I went ahead and made my own stickers to cover up the dents on the left side, i figured why no make it semmetrical so i made 2 sets. I accually tried hammering out the dents, but this bumper is so damn thick its virtually impossible. Hahah. Too bad Its 11 at night so I can't put it back onto the truck and get pics, but thats the first thing i will do tommorow :party:Let me know what yall think :rofl:! Honestly It looks way better than what I expected. I want to put it onto the truck so bad!!

Stock

Light Sanding

[​IMG]
    Parts I will use
    [​IMG]
    Filling Dents
    [​IMG]

First Coat Primer. Which I wetsanded after it dried.
    [​IMG]
    2nd Coat primer. I didnt sand the dents JB weld very well. Oh Well
    [​IMG]
    First Coat Plasti Dip (still wet)
    [​IMG]
    I didnt do too good on the dents. LOL :gasp:
    [​IMG]

2nd Coat and homemade stickers :)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Let me know what you think :)

Last edited: Dec 3, 2011
  2. ShadowRejects

3. ShadowRejects

As much as i like it, i kinda miss that old chrome bumper! :great:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. ChromeSilver02

ChromeSilver02 Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

The black looks alot better imo, yea you could have done better on the patches but overall I think you did a good job, plus the stickers actually work on the bumper :great:

5. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

It does look better. I think you need something to break up all that black. Maybe a small white stripe or something. The stickers do break it up a little.

6. ShadowRejects

Yea. haha i was accually rushing to paint it before the weather dropped any more. If it was just 10 degrees colder the paint wouldnt have dried. And thanks man :) I personally like the stickers!! haha

---------- Post added at 02:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:44 PM ----------

Thanks man :happy: and Ive been thinking about doing that to. Maybe a border going through the middle. Ill have to think of something. Thanks for the reply!

7. ShadowRejects

***UPDATE*** i started having issues with the plasti dip about 7 months later. in direct sunlight, the whole bumper appeared to look 'rattle canned' just from weathering, so i peeled it all off and I professionally painted it with my air compressor and a pre-mixed can of dupli-color jet black car paint. it looks just as good as plasti-dip and is still flat back since i didn't clear coat it. I figured pictures would be useless since it looks the exact same.