Should i paint this? (Rear bumper)

Discussion in 'Chevy C/K Truck Forum' started by ShadowRejects, Sep 18, 2011.

1. ShadowRejects

ShadowRejects Rockstar 100 Posts

Promised yall pics! here they are, It's dry but not fully cured. I went ahead and made my own stickers to cover up the dents on the left side, i figured why no make it semmetrical so i made 2 sets. I accually tried hammering out the dents, but this bumper is so damn thick its virtually impossible. Hahah. Too bad Its 11 at night so I can't put it back onto the truck and get pics, but thats the first thing i will do tommorow :party:Let me know what yall think :rofl:! Honestly It looks way better than what I expected. I want to put it onto the truck so bad!!

Stock

Light Sanding

[​IMG]
    Parts I will use
    [​IMG]
    Filling Dents
    [​IMG]

First Coat Primer. Which I wetsanded after it dried.
    [​IMG]
    2nd Coat primer. I didnt sand the dents JB weld very well. Oh Well
    [​IMG]
    First Coat Plasti Dip (still wet)
    [​IMG]
    I didnt do too good on the dents. LOL :gasp:
    [​IMG]

2nd Coat and homemade stickers :)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Let me know what you think :)

Last edited: Dec 3, 2011
  2. ShadowRejects

3. ShadowRejects

As much as i like it, i kinda miss that old chrome bumper! :great:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. ChromeSilver02

ChromeSilver02 Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

The black looks alot better imo, yea you could have done better on the patches but overall I think you did a good job, plus the stickers actually work on the bumper :great:

5. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

It does look better. I think you need something to break up all that black. Maybe a small white stripe or something. The stickers do break it up a little.

6. ShadowRejects

Yea. haha i was accually rushing to paint it before the weather dropped any more. If it was just 10 degrees colder the paint wouldnt have dried. And thanks man :) I personally like the stickers!! haha

---------- Post added at 02:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:44 PM ----------

Thanks man :happy: and Ive been thinking about doing that to. Maybe a border going through the middle. Ill have to think of something. Thanks for the reply!

7. ShadowRejects

***UPDATE*** i started having issues with the plasti dip about 7 months later. in direct sunlight, the whole bumper appeared to look 'rattle canned' just from weathering, so i peeled it all off and I professionally painted it with my air compressor and a pre-mixed can of dupli-color jet black car paint. it looks just as good as plasti-dip and is still flat back since i didn't clear coat it. I figured pictures would be useless since it looks the exact same.