should i re-paint

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by snarl2004, Apr 26, 2010.

1. snarl2004

snarl2004 New Member

Currently my sierra is painted silver. Its got some scratches and dents that drive me absolutely crazy. I try to take good care of it but every once in a wile i do something dumb and get another scratch. Ive been toying with the idea of getting it repainted. i was wondering what i should be looking to pay for a shop to re paint it and get it done good.

Also if i do choose to repaint it im stuck between keeping it the silver or painting it black. I love the look of black trucks, but dont know if its worth it to change the color of the truck.

this isnt mine but its the same color:
    http://images01.olx.com/ui/1/70/22/f_40766822_1.jpeg

2. wis bang

wis bang Rockstar 100 Posts

When you get paint done, you definately get what you pay for! Avoid MAACO and any other Earl Shive kinda place.

You may find a body shop that will let you do some prep but their idea of wet sanded smooth and yours will be very different. They have better equipment and lot of practice. I'd expect to drop $1,500 - $2,000 minium on a good, complete re-paint.

3. snarl2004

snarl2004 New Member

i dont know if im feeling the black or silver

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. pmartin816

pmartin816 Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

I like the black. But thats just my opinion. It'd probably cost a little more to change the color of your truck though, since you'd probably want to have them paint the inside of your door jambs and stuff so it would all match.