Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Should I sell my truck with or without rims? Question on Tires also.

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by anewfoundsin, Jul 1, 2011.

1. anewfoundsin

anewfoundsin New Member

I have a 2005 Chev 1500 Silverado Ext Cab currently with 24" rims and I want to sell it. My question is, should I sell my truck with the rims and add more $$ or take the rims off and install factory rims & tires and sell it stock & the rims /tires separately?

Also, I have the stock rims and tires but they been sitting outside for couple years now. Do the tires need to be replaced even they though there were great when I took them out?

2. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Got any pics? You could put 2 prices in your ad. one with and one without the rims......

3. phoebeisis

phoebeisis Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Replace the wheels tires with the OEM stuff.
    It won't make much difference that they were outside-they would have been outside anyway.

My experience in selling lots of cars, motorcycles, bicycles etc is you NEVER NEVER NEVER get your money out of modifications,and not infrequently it restricts how many folks will want to buy them.

Sell the 24" separately- you'll end up with a lot more $$ in your pocket.
    It will take you maybe 1 1/2 hourts do the replacement-
    Usually when you do as Enkieavalance suggests you end up getting beaten down on your price so it is a wash.Once they know you have the rims-they more or less get them free since they know you want to sell,and would rather not spend the time switching them out.No offense meant to Avalanche.

Return it to OEM specs- you won't get 5 cents out of them if you sell as is,and some folks-older guys like me,60yo- have ZERO interest in 24" rims.
    Charlie

4. 2COR517

2COR517 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Put the stockers back on. Clean the wheels and tires up nice with something like Purple Power then hit them with some tire foam crap.