1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Should i Trade my 2010 CC Z71 in re oil consumption

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by gsvar200467, Dec 4, 2012.

1. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

I'm going to the dealership now.......Wish me luck....Details to follow....
  2. gsvar200467

gsvar200467 New Member

I will for sure. I've already spoke with gm customer support too. Only reason I'm even taking time to mess with it is so I have proof of what's going on. As mentioned I had to how them my oil covered spark plugs last time to get there attention. Ill update this afternoon
  3. Enkeiavalanche

Ok my update.. Just got home They checked and I was down 1/4 Qt in 1100 miles I have to go back in 1000 more. He said it looks like I will be getting the Rebuild...I even took video of the Blue and heavy smoke this morning and showed him..

2nd note Asked him about the new Code I am getting Bank #1 sensor #2 02 sensor He says nothing to do with the smoke.. And it is NOT covered.. Ok so How much to replace and how hard is it? Anyone know??

Dealer says about $200.00 :grrrrrr:
  4. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Easy to replace, if you get the o2 sensor part number you can get it on amazon for around $50
  5. Enkeiavalanche

will look for it as soon as I know which one it is..Remote start is not working again.. :grrrrrr: Telling you getting Sick of GM....
  6. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

sorry for all the issues enkei......

Alex
  7. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

PM me your VIN if you can not get the number. I can call GM monday and get the number from them for you. Bank one sensor 2 should be on the driver side after the cat.
  8. ChevyBoy2009

ChevyBoy2009 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

Taking my truck in tom for the oil consumption issue...used a quart to 1.5 quarts in 962 miles!...rough idle,no power,blah blah blah!...i dont have to do the text so they said bring it in and we will tear it aprt i guess??...if i still have this issue within the next year,im gonna trade in it and get a diesel!...enough said...btw truck only has 64k
  9. RSM2

RSM2 New Member

My 1999 GMC has about 200K on it and uses maybe 1/2 between changes. I was thinking about getting a newer truck...maybe I won't
  10. GuyGene

GuyGene Member

That's the ticket, RSM. I'm in same situation. These issues are keeping me from getting a new truck from ANY brand! F150 shakes, shudders - Ford says normal! Tundra shakes, cheap interior, more problems on their forums than any other! Ram - hmmm, actually, I'm seeing fewer complaints on Ram forums than any other! Surprises me! Differential pinion nut was problem on earlier Rams, but seems to be fixed now. If I can find a decent Ram dealer (man, their dealers are terrible!!), I'll test drive one. No brand loyalty with me.