1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Should the new Colorado be made 3/4 size?

Discussion in 'Chevy Colorado Forum (GMC Canyon)' started by ChevyFan, Apr 20, 2012.

Random Gallery Photos

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

I'm pretty sure the days of the true compact pickup are over in the US, at least for now. The Colorado was certainly bigger than the S-10, but it it big enough? The designers at GM have already rolled out the new version of the Colly in Southeast Asia (where it's a huge seller in places like Thailand and the Philippine islands. But will that cut mustard in the US?

My brother-in-law has a regular cab Colorado, and I can hardly fit into the thing I'm afraid my knees are going to break if we hit a pothole.

chevrolet-colorado-2_800x0w.jpg
    chevrolet-colorado-14_800x0w.jpg chevrolet-colorado-5_800x0w.jpg chevrolet-colorado-12_800x0w.jpg chevrolet-colorado-6_800x0w.jpg chevrolet-colorado-13_800x0w.jpg
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2012
  2. MTM

MTM New Member 100 Posts

That is absolutely an terrible looking vehicle. It look like something toyota would build doesn't even look like something chevy would build. Chevy is getting worse every year on the body styles of their vehicles. Maybe im to much against the new body styles but I want a good looking truck that performs well and not a space looking vehicle that gets 50mpg that you can't do damn thing with but drive...not what i consider a truck
  3. UpsetProps

UpsetProps New Member 100 Posts

That thing looks awful. Reminds me of that stupid Subaru Baja....or god forbid.....a Dodge Rampage. Like MTM said....why make the "truck" look like a space shuttle or an electric shaver.

2003_ny+2004_subaru_baja_turbo+front_left_view.jpg

Dodge-Rampage.jpg
  4. lonelywolf858

lonelywolf858 New Member 100 Posts

Looks better than the Colorado and Canyon. Its the front of an Acadia on a truck. Seems legit to me since they haven't done a Blazer in years that that was the suv version of the S10. I like it especially since I hate the Colorados and Canyons.
  5. MTM

MTM New Member 100 Posts

I'm just an obs addict i hate anything with the new body style. I like it until 07 1/2 or whenever they switched to the current body style. they just look weird i like the old boxy bodies not these big rounded off bodies
  6. retired2001

retired2001 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I like my Colorado, but I wouldn't mind if it had more room in both the cab and bed. If we continue to have high fuel prices, I'll continue to have to find a way to have a truck and also be able to have a steak every once in a while.
  7. SupplySgt

SupplySgt New Member 100 Posts

I honestly like the new front ends at least on the Avalanches and Burbs. Looks more sharp IMO. I don't have any problem with the old boxy front end except from an aerodynamic standpoint. I love my Burb but the same drivetrain in one of the newer bodies wouldn't have to work as hard to overcome air resistence. I understand there's only so much you can do for aero on a truck but every little bit would make a difference. Plus the interiors on the newer trucks are so much better. I don't care for the interior on my truck though so that's in the process of changing. Won't be able to change the dash but I can at least do the seats and build a console that's actually useful. I hate having to hold my coffee cup anytime I mash the gas pedal or have to hit the brakes halfway hard or even take a moderate turn. It's a pain in the butt to open up the center console as well. I know most people are right handed but I am not so it's somewhat difficult to work a console with that type of latch release for me. A simple button would suffice.

That being said, I'm not a big fan of the high waistline on that concept. It's one of the issues I have with the new Camaro as well. Drop the waistline down about 6-10" and it would probably look pretty decent.
  8. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

i kinda like it, but it looks more like something that might come out in 15 years or so.

Alex
  9. songkrai

songkrai New Member

All of the photos online show the dressed up version.
    What with the base unit look like.
    The Work Truck.

There are many companies that purchase fleets and such. Mostly no frills versions.
    What will the no frills version look like?