1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Should this connector be plugged in?

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by blackburb, Jul 14, 2013.

1. blackburb

blackburb Member

Behind the glove box on my '01, I found this connector hanging there. Is it supposed to be plugged into the box above it? Anyone know what it's for?

DSCN0007.jpg
  2. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator 1000 Posts

Is everything working in the truck? Does it have a or Did it have a alarm?
  3. blackburb

blackburb Member

Everything I use is working. Only alarm would be whatever it came with and if that's what that is, I really don't care. I know I can plug it in and see what happens, but I thought if someone knows what it is maybe I don't want to mess with it.
  4. RayVoy

RayVoy Active Member 1000 Posts

Perhaps, the rear HVAC system. Is it working?
  5. blackburb

blackburb Member

Yup, that's working
  6. KyleZ71

KyleZ71 New Member

Passenger airbag? I know a wire got nipped on my passenger side and the airbag warning light was on
  7. blackburb

blackburb Member

If you look just to the right of the hanging plug, you can see another blue plug in the box. There's a spot in the box that looks like it fits the hanging plug also (kinda hard to see for sure) That's a lot of wires whatever it is.
  8. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 1000 Posts

does it have onstar? Someone may have unplugged it to disconnect it. You could always press the onstar button and see if it works
  9. blackburb

blackburb Member

Yeah, it's got the old analog Onstar. I'll try that and see if anything happens. Tho I don't know if anything would happen with the old system.

- - - Updated - - -

Nothing at all happens when the Onstar buttons are pressed. Maybe that's what it is, but I'd really like to know for sure.