Should we think about a Fall/Winter Contest?

Discussion in 'Contests & Giveaways' started by ChevyFan, Sep 3, 2012.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Should we think about a Fall / Winter contest?

Hah, I think I know the answer. I know it seems like we just wrapped up the Spring contest (and we're still trying to get the tshirts out to all of the winners) and we gave away a lot of great prizes (something like $4,000 in total prizes were given out!) ... should we try it again for Fall / Winter? What would it look like?

- What types of vendors and/or prizes should we be looking for?
    - Should we find ways to lock this down prizes for certain vehicles if possible?
    - I want to get more members and more quality activity on the site.
    - I want people to get some cool stuff and vendors to promote their cool stuff.

So, let's hear some ideas. What vendors and stuff should we work towards? What should the contests look like? One big contest, or a bunch of small ones? Now's not the time to clam up, let's hear it people.

2. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I'd actually like to see prizes at the meets ... to help improve turn-out...

3. ChevyFan

That's a different subject matter, will work on that problem shortly. Others ideas?

4. Curky

Curky Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

Most people are going to say Fall because it is sooner. The only reason I would not say winter is because there are a lot more mistakes because everyone is more busy vendors and delivery services. That is why I would say Fall. Winter might be more of a headache for you.
    I liked how the layout of the last one was. If a sponsor wants to give you something that pertains to a certain vehicle, I don’t think I would say no, but I would not do all of them that way.
    Things I think would be good and might pull in some people: cold air intake, throttle body spacer, window vents, HID’s, Led’s, Tahoe cover, Nerf bars, chrome emblems, bed accessories. Trying to think of big one but also smaller ones so there are more chances to win.

5. ChevyFan

Well, the contest would probably run into winter, but it's possible that we could get it started/ended in Fall ... I'm mostly looking for the ideas for what people would like to see for vendors/prizes and how they should be given out. Good input thus far.

6. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

i think a good prize/s would be some gift certificates, to some place like autoanything. just a thought.

i thought the contest was run rather well, and worked well, maybe a little more orginization and involvment from the vendors, but otherwise i thought it was ok.

maybe put up a poll for what people would like to win, and see whats popular, some people will want one or two things, while other people might want something else entirely.

Alex

7. AnimalYates

AnimalYates Rockstar 3 Years 100 Posts

I agree with the others regarding how the previous contest was ran. I think it worked well and something similar would likely have the same results this time around. As far as prizes, I think it'd work if there were several small prizes (such as window vents, all-weather floormats, etc) and one grand prize (such as a Rough Country 3.5" lift or a full exhaust system, etc). I'm not sure how that would work with vendors but thats why you admins take care of the dirty work. :)

I think a poll would be a good idea, see what the people are truly interested in.

8. ChevyFan

9. ntbush83

ntbush83 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I think a wheel or tire voucher would be great! Even if its not for a whole set a good discount could go a long way!

10. silverhobey

silverhobey Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

i think all ideas so far are good ones.....thanks Steve for keepin' on top of things like this !!!!