SHOW OFF YOUR MTs

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by rebelchevy03, Apr 11, 2009.

1. rebelchevy03

rebelchevy03 New Member

Hey guys and gals, Im havin trouble finding the perfect mud terrain so.... lets see yours. Post pics and miles ran and what you think of them. I want to get the biggest bang for the buck.

2. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

If you look in my albums I had Goodyear Wrangler MTR on my 95 sierra. a little pricey but were a pretty good tire for my GMC. I had 30K on them with maybe about 10k more. However, goodyear is getting rid of that style MTR and have just recently started selling a newer better version of it

3. dwill3015

dwill3015 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

35x20 inch Toyo M/T's
    [​IMG]

4. GaryL

GaryL Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

285/75/16 Dick Cepek Radial FC II's. I am at about 35,000 or so miles and probably have another 8-10k left in them. Good wear pattern. About $900 or so for the set out the door.

[​IMG]

5. bucknasty

bucknasty New Member

dick cepek mountain cats is what I run. I found that they are the best snow tire I have ever ran. Ive had BFG mud terrains, super swamper tsl, thornbirds, probably some ohters I cant think of. My friend converted to the mountain cats from his toyo mts and he doesnt regret it. the toyo mt's are a little bit stiffer of a tire thats why they have a 50,000 mile gaurentee on them but they chunk real bad if your in rocks.. the mountain cats have a 40,000-50,000 mile exspectancy but dont chunk nearly as bad as toyos in the rocks. my personal opinion is that they clean out the best in mud of all tires ive ran except super swampers. road noise isn't real bad either. I have 33" on my truck they cost me about $950.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2009