Side cargo ideas

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by alwcurlz, Jan 2, 2009.

1. alwcurlz

alwcurlz Rockstar

Pickup bedsides are such wasted cavernous space. THIS is what I would REALLY like is something like! Put hitches, hi-lift jacks, winch accessories, guns, etc:

[​IMG]

I think this is the best idea below. The top one would not work with a topper.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. alwcurlz

alwcurlz Rockstar

This is a nice full use of bedside area.
    [​IMG]

Here is one I saw years ago that I thought was a pretty good idea, although not concealing it's
    presence there if you wanted a clean look.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. cuda71

cuda71 New Member

I like how Dodge stole the "RAM BOX" from chevy's avalanche, I'm actually surprised someone hasn't done this a few years ago.

4. MWright936

MWright936 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Agreed! I think they are a great idea. If there was a way to install something like that in the aftermarket, I would definitely look into it!

5. 04sierracrewcab

04sierracrewcab Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I like the ram box!
    Have you looked into the Rocker Pods?

6. CoDaChrome

CoDaChrome Rockstar 100 Posts

I think its a good ideal that's alot of wasted space but I think the opening for it should be inside the box were most stuff is stored already.:neutral:

7. alwcurlz

alwcurlz Rockstar

Unless it's full of stuff and/or you have a topper on the box! The main idea for most of those storage units is for tools/accessories.

8. alwcurlz

alwcurlz Rockstar

If you only plan to drive on smooth/flat roads those rocker pods are a great idea. There is some major clearance lost with those.

9. MWright936

MWright936 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Just get a 6" lift to go along with em :glasses:

10. tlperry68

tlperry68 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

It doesn't look like you really loose any clearence with the Rockers. The truck frame ias already lower than the doors. I have step bars on mine and I still havent lost any clearence vertically.