1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Side cargo ideas

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by alwcurlz, Jan 2, 2009.

1. alwcurlz

alwcurlz New Member

Pickup bedsides are such wasted cavernous space. THIS is what I would REALLY like is something like! Put hitches, hi-lift jacks, winch accessories, guns, etc:

[​IMG]

I think this is the best idea below. The top one would not work with a topper.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. alwcurlz

alwcurlz New Member

This is a nice full use of bedside area.
    [​IMG]

Here is one I saw years ago that I thought was a pretty good idea, although not concealing it's
    presence there if you wanted a clean look.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  3. cuda71

cuda71 New Member

I like how Dodge stole the "RAM BOX" from chevy's avalanche, I'm actually surprised someone hasn't done this a few years ago.
  4. MWright936

MWright936 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Agreed! I think they are a great idea. If there was a way to install something like that in the aftermarket, I would definitely look into it!
  5. 04sierracrewcab

04sierracrewcab New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I like the ram box!
    Have you looked into the Rocker Pods?
  6. CoDaChrome

CoDaChrome New Member 100 Posts

I think its a good ideal that's alot of wasted space but I think the opening for it should be inside the box were most stuff is stored already.:neutral:
  7. alwcurlz

alwcurlz New Member

Unless it's full of stuff and/or you have a topper on the box! The main idea for most of those storage units is for tools/accessories.
  8. alwcurlz

alwcurlz New Member

If you only plan to drive on smooth/flat roads those rocker pods are a great idea. There is some major clearance lost with those.
  9. MWright936

MWright936 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Just get a 6" lift to go along with em :glasses:
  10. tlperry68

tlperry68 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

It doesn't look like you really loose any clearence with the Rockers. The truck frame ias already lower than the doors. I have step bars on mine and I still havent lost any clearence vertically.