side mirrors and front doors windows problems

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by rzkas, Jan 2, 2013.

1. rzkas

rzkas New Member

Hi? i have 2000 suburban lt 2500 6.0l. both front door windows are not working and both side mirrors are not working. i need help. where should i start and how to fix these problems.

when do i have to use the tow/haul bottom? is there a weight capacity to use it?

should i add an air intake or just buy a filter and replace the old filter and which air intake or filter should i buy?

2. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

****On the Front Windows-n-Side Mirror's not working......Check the fuses both 1st, if the fuses are O.K.....then Check Connections going to both the Window and Side Mirror Switches on the Front Door Panels.....

****On the Tow Haul, and when to use it,

The purpose of the Tow/Haul Mode is to:
    ***Reduce the frequency and improve the predictability of Transmission shifts when pulling a heavy trailer or a large or heavy load.
    ***Provide the same solid shift feel when pulling a heavy trailer or a large or heavy load as when the vehicle is unloaded.
    ***Improve control of vehicle speed while requiring less throttle pedal activity when pulling a heavy trailer or a large or heavy load.

Automatic Transmission equipped vehicles are provided with a button at the end of the shift lever which when pressed enables Tow/Haul.
    ***When the button is pressed, the Tow/Haul has been selected. Tow/haul may be turned off by pressing the button again, at which time the indicator light on the instrument panel will turn off.
    ***The Vehicle will automatically turn off Tow/Haul every time it is started.
    ***Tow/Haul is designed to be most effective when the vehicle and trailer combined weight is at least 75% of the vehicle’s Gross Combined Weight Rating (GCWR).

Tow/Haul is most useful under the following driving conditions:
    ***When pulling a heavy trailer or a large or heavy load through rolling terrain.
    ***When pulling a heavy trailer or a large or heavy load in stop and go traffic.
    ***When pulling a heavy trailer or a large or heavy load in busy parking lots where improved low speed control of the vehicle is desired.

***Operating the Vehicle in Tow/Haul when lightly loaded or with no trailer at all will not cause damage.
    ***However, there is No Benefit to the Selection of Tow/Haul when the Vehicle is unloaded.
    ***Such a Selection when unloaded may Result in Unpleasant Engine and Transmission driving characteristics and Reduced Fuel Economy.
    ***Tow/Haul is Recommended only when pulling a heavy trailer or a large or heavy load.

3. rzkas

rzkas New Member

hi? i replaced both front windows regulators today. both front windows works but i am still having a problem with side mirrors. where can i locate the side mirrors fuse

4. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

If I had to guess I would say that it is the switch. I don't know where the fuse is located. I should be in the panel on the driver side of the dash.

5. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Switches do get dirt and water in them all the time. I would just take them out and look at the connectors. Maybe take some lite sand paper and WD-40 to them. But it could also be on the inside of the switch If so then replacing it will do..