1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Side Step advise...too many to choose from.

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by anthonyl9, Mar 17, 2010.

1. anthonyl9

anthonyl9 New Member

Looking for a set of side steps for my 2008 Colly Crew cab. Anyone have any recommendations? Black or Chrome? (The truck is black)

Thanks
  2. chschevy58

chschevy58 New Member

neither. would look good without them ... but black if you want them. i took mine off and loved the look so much more.
  3. Shorty 71

Shorty 71 New Member 1000 Posts

I also took my side steps off, i just think it looks better:)
  4. retired2001

retired2001 New Member 1000 Posts

I have a 2010 Coly C/C and I really don't see where the "steps" would do that much good. I needed them on my '04, but it looks like they would just be in the way. If you do use them I'd go with chrome on the black.
  5. Shooter

Shooter New Member

I have a black cherry met 09 and I put the polished alum on that to match the 20" alum wheels that's on it. but it is just a matter of personal taste is all.
    :neutral:
  6. bamf_shadow

bamf_shadow New Member

I just installed a set of Truck Champ stainless nerf bars on my 07 crew. I am very happy with them, and they only ran me $150 shipped from fleabay.
  7. ThatSilverStepside

ThatSilverStepside New Member

none at all, but I also think steps are only for huge jacked up trucks
  8. ippielb

ippielb Active Member 1000 Posts

It's personal preference, i personally like having step bars, because when the boots get muddy, just scrape them off on the bars, instead of tracking all that mud in my truck, it's convenient to have something to step on, or stand on. I thought about taking my bars off, but then i think of when I've used them. And they're a lot of help.
  9. Stealth

Stealth New Member 1000 Posts

I personally like the look of the N-Fab step bars. They aren't typical looking and I thnk they look good on lifted trucks.
  10. csattley14

csattley14 New Member

The only reason that I am getting some is because my wife has trouble getting in and out of the truck. She is a little on the short side, so just trying to be nice for her.

But I am looking at getting the Nasta steps simply because it is all stainless steel including the mounting hardware but they are a little bit more.

I have also found them for $289.99 at Svcustoms.com

Hope this helps.