1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

side steps.

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by bbwalker665, Nov 25, 2009.

1. bbwalker665

bbwalker665 New Member

On a scale form 1 to 10 how diffacult is it to install a set of nfab wheel to wheel side steps. Any advice or know how would be a great help if you have or have seen it done.
  2. Shorty 71

Shorty 71 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I took some off of my 08 silverado and i gotta say it was pretty simple to take them off. You will need a extra body to hold it up there while you bolt it on but thats about it.
  3. Eddie Z71

Eddie Z71 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Hi, and welcome to the site!:glasses: Glad to have you here! Looks like Shorty 71 has got you lined up with what you need to do.
  4. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Welcome to the club!

What year truck do you have, the reason I ask is because I have an 05' and when I called about those steps they told me there was minimal welding required. The Ford and Dodge bolted on, but the Chevy one's for model years 03-07' Classic required welding which is why I didn't buy them.
  5. Shorty 71

Shorty 71 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Thats a good point, my 08 didn't require any welding so it was a easy bolt on. If you have a older model you may have to weld like TRPLXL2 so wisely said:great::)