Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Side Window Repair Kit - Wind Noise!!

Discussion in 'General Classifieds' started by prats4, Jan 19, 2009.

1. prats4

prats4 Member

Silverado/Sierra Side Window Noise Kit

Tired of wind noise on your 1999-current Silverado or Sierra truck??

A lot of the 1999-current trucks have wind noise due to the design of the door. At highway speeds with a cross wind you can hear a lot of wind noise, which is actually caused by the door frame losing contact with the weatherstripping. This kit goes in behind the weatherstripping to allow the door to seal tight at highway speeds or high winds.

The kit costs $16.oo + shipping. Email me at thedoitallhandyman@gmail.com or contact me here. I accept Paypal, Google Checkout and MO. http://www.doitallhandymanservice.com/apps/webstore/

Thanks,
    Jason

Last edited: Feb 9, 2009
  2. cascott325

cascott325 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

do you have any more info? more details, pics ,etc?

3. prats4

prats4 Member

Silverado/Sierra Side Window Noise Kit

The kit contains two sides of adhesive backed weatherstripping that seats behind the main weatherstrip and body. Pre cut to fit each model. I have installed a kit on my 2002 2500HD and is unreal the difference it makes! The instructions have a step by step install.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2009
  4. cascott325

cascott325 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

one more question, i have rain guards that most of the noise comes from, im guessing, would it still make that much of a diff?

5. prats4

prats4 Member

I have rain guards also on the exterior, not the onse that tuck in the channel. I thought the rain guards would help the noise when I installed them, they didn't..but this kit has taken care of that issue.

Thanks,
    Jason

6. chevygurl

chevygurl Rockstar

got a kit for trailblazers?

7. prats4

prats4 Member

We can make one for you if you are intersted?

8. 1999silvymatt

1999silvymatt New Member

where do you get these? when i hit 50 in my 1999 silverado sounds like im flying its so anooyinng

9. prats4

prats4 Member

10. tlperry68

tlperry68 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I checked out the web site, you really do it all. Too bad you're in Fargo, I need the dryer duct cleaning pretty bad. I've bookmarked you site, if I hear wind noise I'll order te kit from you.