Sierra commercial..Is this what is done to each truck before it leaves the factory??

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by the phantom, Feb 17, 2013.

1. the phantom

the phantom Well-Known Member 2 Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

Check out the new commercial for Sierra.. Ive heard of people complaining about how chinsey the hooks are but they look a little more impressive now. Of course the wieght is distributed 4 ways but looks like a good stress test.
    http://www.ispot.tv/ad/7dy_/gmc-pro-grade-protection

2. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I just saw that commercial today, and I am still a total disbeliever. I took my tow hooks off my truck, but whenever I am pulling something out I always look the strap around the frame anyways. I would never trust the tow hooks for anything.

3. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

All of that and not a Scratch??? I would have liked to be there when they made that..

4. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

to heck with the commercial, i want my truck to have those rear tow hook mounts.

Alex

5. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

"Video will be available soon"

Seems like their idea of soon is a month that rhymes with orange. ispot.tv can kiss it.

6. barefoot greg

barefoot greg Rockstar 100 Posts

Being a Longshoremen, I've got a little experience with rigging, and between you and me the only way id hook this up and signal the crane to pick was if i had a shipping container bunker nearby lol. I'd like tto meet the white hat that authorized this move lol.

7. stchman

stchman Active Member 1 Year 1000 Posts

The commercial makes it appear that ONLY GMC trucks get 5 year 100,000 mile power train warranties.

Another "Industry First" from GMC.

I was not aware that that a Sierra had rear tow hooks.