1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Sierra Fog lights On Silverado

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by ippielb, Mar 12, 2011.

Random Gallery Photos

1. ippielb

ippielb New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Hello, i'm curious if anyone knows weather the 99-02 sierra fog lights are the same shape as the 99-02 Silverado fog lights, i know they mount differently, but i'm wanting to put projector fog lights like these on my Silverado, and no one makes projectors for the Silverado, only the sierra.
    [​IMG]
  2. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

The Below information is from G.M.Parts Direct....the Fog Lights look to be the same on Silverado and Sierra,

Fog lamp assy Left - Chevrolet, 1999-02 - Chevrolet, 1999-02
    99-02 $96.59 $60.27
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Fog lamp assy Left - Gmc 1999-02 - Gmc 1999-02
    99-02 $103.33 $64.47
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
  3. ippielb

Well that's news to me, i always thought they were mounted different on the bumper. I want to even quadruple check this though, i'm tired of my parts orders being screwed up. It's happened for everything i've ever gotten except when i went into the warehouse and picked it out myself.

---------- Post added at 04:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:04 PM ----------

Ah shoot, i don't think they'll work.

Sierra
    [​IMG]

Silverado
    [​IMG]

The silverado's mount different then the sierra's, as you can see the silverado's fog light bracket goes up, while the sierra's go down.
  4. clgoch187

clgoch187 New Member 100 Posts

just use your stock brackets and change the housings
  5. ippielb

When you look at the housing on the aftermarket ones, they're all once piece formed. So i wouldn't want to damage the housing and be screwed i might as well just get cheap projector lenses and cut up my crap fog lights.