Sierra Fog lights On Silverado

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by ippielb, Mar 12, 2011.

1. ippielb

ippielb Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Hello, i'm curious if anyone knows weather the 99-02 sierra fog lights are the same shape as the 99-02 Silverado fog lights, i know they mount differently, but i'm wanting to put projector fog lights like these on my Silverado, and no one makes projectors for the Silverado, only the sierra.
    [​IMG]

2. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

The Below information is from G.M.Parts Direct....the Fog Lights look to be the same on Silverado and Sierra,

Fog lamp assy Left - Chevrolet, 1999-02 - Chevrolet, 1999-02
    99-02 $96.59 $60.27
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Fog lamp assy Left - Gmc 1999-02 - Gmc 1999-02
    99-02 $103.33 $64.47
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. ippielb

Well that's news to me, i always thought they were mounted different on the bumper. I want to even quadruple check this though, i'm tired of my parts orders being screwed up. It's happened for everything i've ever gotten except when i went into the warehouse and picked it out myself.

---------- Post added at 04:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:04 PM ----------

Ah shoot, i don't think they'll work.

Sierra
    [​IMG]

Silverado
    [​IMG]

The silverado's mount different then the sierra's, as you can see the silverado's fog light bracket goes up, while the sierra's go down.

4. clgoch187

clgoch187 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

just use your stock brackets and change the housings

5. ippielb

When you look at the housing on the aftermarket ones, they're all once piece formed. So i wouldn't want to damage the housing and be screwed i might as well just get cheap projector lenses and cut up my crap fog lights.