1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Signs of a Slipping Tranny

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by Stealth, Jun 3, 2010.

1. Stealth

Stealth Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Hey guys, I am a little worried the tranny in my truck is starting to slip. What are some signs I can look at or hear or feel that would indicate it's slipping? Thanks a ton
  2. ThatSilverStepside

ThatSilverStepside Rockstar 4 Years 100 Posts

it will be less responsive but you wont notice a difference in the motor, and your rpms will jump when the trans slips
  3. Stealth

Okay lovely, that's exactly what I am experiencing. Thanks for the help man
  4. Silverado Junkie

Silverado Junkie Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

Try some Lucas Transmission Fix. It'll help reduce the slipage untill you can replace your tranny.
  5. ThatSilverStepside

ThatSilverStepside Rockstar 4 Years 100 Posts

no problem and good luck, dont worry your not alone..I just went through my 4th trans in this truck 2 weeks ago
  6. sc99z71

sc99z71 Rockstar 100 Posts

What gear is it slipping in.....all of them or just 3 and 4 or 1 and 2? Mine was slipping in and out of OD and got a P1870 code (I think that's the right number) and had a TrandGo shift kit that is specifically for that problem and it made my trans solid as a rock, even more so than before it started acting up.
  7. Stealth

It feels like the truck is slipping in every single gear and may have been since I bought it. I'm going to take it in tomorrow and see what my shop thinks. Thanks for the help guys.
  8. Stealth

I got my truck back and was blown away. It actually wasnt a trannmission probllem but a clogged fuel regulator. two hundred and seventy dollars later and i am a happy man. For a seventh of the time and far less money I think it worked out well.