Signs of a Slipping Tranny

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by Stealth, Jun 3, 2010.

1. Stealth

Stealth Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Hey guys, I am a little worried the tranny in my truck is starting to slip. What are some signs I can look at or hear or feel that would indicate it's slipping? Thanks a ton

2. ThatSilverStepside

ThatSilverStepside Rockstar 4 Years 100 Posts

it will be less responsive but you wont notice a difference in the motor, and your rpms will jump when the trans slips

3. Stealth

Okay lovely, that's exactly what I am experiencing. Thanks for the help man

4. Silverado Junkie

Silverado Junkie Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

Try some Lucas Transmission Fix. It'll help reduce the slipage untill you can replace your tranny.

5. ThatSilverStepside

ThatSilverStepside Rockstar 4 Years 100 Posts

no problem and good luck, dont worry your not alone..I just went through my 4th trans in this truck 2 weeks ago

6. sc99z71

sc99z71 Rockstar 100 Posts

What gear is it slipping in.....all of them or just 3 and 4 or 1 and 2? Mine was slipping in and out of OD and got a P1870 code (I think that's the right number) and had a TrandGo shift kit that is specifically for that problem and it made my trans solid as a rock, even more so than before it started acting up.

7. Stealth

It feels like the truck is slipping in every single gear and may have been since I bought it. I'm going to take it in tomorrow and see what my shop thinks. Thanks for the help guys.

8. Stealth

I got my truck back and was blown away. It actually wasnt a trannmission probllem but a clogged fuel regulator. two hundred and seventy dollars later and i am a happy man. For a seventh of the time and far less money I think it worked out well.