silly question???Lift or leveling kit on my truck?

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by new01xkrowner, Feb 26, 2013.

1. new01xkrowner

new01xkrowner New Member

Hi y'all... today's silly question.... Do I have a lift kit or leveling kit? How do I tell? I know she has bigger tires, 285 75 16 and to me it looks dead level, no front end lower than rear... Only had truck for 2 weeks now, so still kind of new with this truck.... btw she's an '01 GMC 2500HD diesel and I'm 6'2" and have to lift my butt somewhat to get fully into the seat. Just wonderin'........
  2. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Can you post a pic?
  3. new01xkrowner

new01xkrowner New Member

unfortunately, not at this time.... as in middle of moving.... but will update when time becomes available, thanks!
  4. Morpheus

Morpheus New Member

The only way you're really going to know is by getting underneath the truck and checking out the torsion keys. The stock keys are going to have an orange tint to them where most aftermarket keys are going to be a painted, forged steel. Another possibility is that you still have the stock keys but they're cranked up all the way up. Normally on a stock truck the bolts will have about 1/2-3/4" thread left. All of the way up you'll see something around 1/4" left. Another way is also to check your CV joints to see the angle they're at. Stock they'll be pretty level or have a slight tilt to them. If you have a level kit or the torsion keys cranked, your CV shafts will have a significant slope downward to the wheel.