1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Silverado 10' 3500 -- another remote starter question......

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by t56tr, Sep 30, 2010.

Newest Gallery Photos

1. t56tr

t56tr New Member

Hi, I have been lurking a while and finally decided to register.

I have searched and searched and asked and asked.

I have a 2010 3500hd gas reg cab. Its a work truck with no fancy options except AC, power locks and windows(no keyless on locks). Has nothing else, not even the tire pressure monitor system (unless I cant figure it out).

I would like to have the dealer add the keyless locks and factory remote start. I do not want an aftermarket cobbed in.

I have NO ap3 or ap8 or any other code mentioned on the forums that seem to apply to remote start.

The only code that I have that may be relevant is au3. My dealer looked up my vin and said "sorry cant do it".

I know I do not have the remote start prep kit or any remote start features. So my question is, can all the parts be bought, added/installed to create or make the truck have the ap3, ap8 etc thus making it keyless and remote start capable?

Is my dealer wrong? Can the right dealer/tech make it happen or is it NO NO NO -- no matter what.

Thank you -

Last edited: Sep 30, 2010
  2. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Welcome to the club. Sorry can't help you with that one, but I'm sure someone here can.