1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

silverado 2010 swap 327/572

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by rigo88, Jul 21, 2011.

1. rigo88

rigo88 New Member

I have a silverado with 29k on it I was thinking about modding my 5.3 . Well my cousin gave me a brand new 572 since he is going back to Mexico he can't take it. Any tips? Before I swap or what do I need to swap out it out
  2. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

You will need a stronger transmission, rear end, frame reinforced, make your own engine mounts, differant fuel system, should I keep going. Anything can be done if you have the money or fab skills.
  3. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Or you can send it to me :happy: and I'll give it a nice home....
  4. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Moderator Staff Member ROTM Winner Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

Del.....Don't forget.....An All New Exhaust System to add to the list.
  5. vncj96

vncj96 New Member 1000 Posts

he just gave it to you?!?!?!?!?! Thats a hefty price tag on that baby. It will cost you just as much if not more then that engine is worth to prep your truck to accomodate that thing, thats 720hp and 685ft/lbs buddy. You would also need complete suspension front to take the added weight, and also for the rear to keep the tires firmly planted on the ground. That engine is a 5 figure price tag sell it and take the money and put it into your truck, hell i am sure you caould trade someone for it for a good muscle car.
  6. rigo88

rigo88 New Member

ahhh i wish it cost me a 4day drive to mexico. traded my 91ford for it to. oh well it was alot cheaper then buying a new engine. well im willing to work on it. i had to promise him i wouldnt sell it and it will stay in the fam.@ silverado what kinda of trany should i get for it. i want to make it a sleeper but when i need to get down and dirty i want to see peoples face in a shock lol .i just got the exhust from spin tech. suspencison still looking for one. the drive shaft i can send it in so it could be reinforce for more power? or is it better to just buy one ?
  7. phoebeisis

phoebeisis Active Member 1000 Posts

It might make sense-$$ and sense- to get a used GM that you can just drop this monster into.
    It will cost a zillion $$ to try to stuff it into your 1/2 truck that wasn't designed to take a BB.
    Get something-Suburban or 1/2 pickup that was designed to take a BB.

Granted you will still have to do some slight upgrade on the trans differential ( maybe just a shift kit etc).
    Yes I am joking- whatever vehicle you start with will need a complete drivetrain upgrade to deal with this extreme low RPM power/torque.

Get a BB GM vehicle and start from there.With increased fuel costs the older BB GMs are pretty cheap-maybe $3500-$4000 for a decent no rust vehicle
    Charlie
    PS Hey how can I get adopted into your family?? Yes I know the"don't sell it and you have to sell it back to me routine" that happens in families.
    My brother sold me his 1971 Cuda' 383 in 1975 when he was sent to Iran to train Cobra pilots(we were allies of the Shah then-and his armed forces flew Cobras).Well he gave me the "sell it back to me if I want it" speech.I spent $$ making it "better" Dual feed dual pump Holley, headers, aluminum intake dual points- thruch mufflers.It actually didn't get faster- just poorer FE and more noise-
    BUT I LOVED THAT CAR.
    Yes I sold it back to him in 1978 or so.
    SOB!! I miss that mustard yellow Cuda!! Doubt it was much quicker than my 1998 Suburban(when I finished with it), but it was cool!!
  8. rigo88

rigo88 New Member

well i know u guys make it sounds like it will be a nightmare to work on it. I found a chevelle not far from where i live. A old lady drives it i was in shock bc i have never seen it down my street, this weekend im going to put on my big boy pants and go ask her how much for it lol .
    still i need to do my homework on that engine and what i need to get it working right i dont no short cuts. if u guys can give me some ideas i would gladly appreciate it.

@phobeisis i dont think i would of have the nerve to sell it back to him all that hard work you put into it. hahaha about getting adpoted into the fam get that cuda back then we talk lol jkjk.
  9. dknoerzer

dknoerzer New Member

720hp naturally apirated? I like this idea.
  10. dsfloyd

dsfloyd New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I am drooling about just the thought of a 572 in one of these trucks. that would be awesome. but like stated before alot of modifications and depending on the state very difficult to pass inspection with in newer vehicles. If you can find a way to get it done kudos to you and definately keep us posted.