1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Silverado 2500HD Park brake adjustment??

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by nfs13b, Aug 30, 2010.

1. nfs13b

nfs13b New Member

Hey All,

I dont know anything about silverado's yet but I am learning, not much info over here in Australia though....

I have a 2003 2500HD and when I press the park/E Brake it doesnt do anything, if the truck is in neutral it still rolls..... I am guessing it needs to be adjusted but am just wondering how..... Do I need to take the wheels off or is there something to access behind the hub or???

Thanks all
    Lee
  2. Silverado1500

Silverado1500 New Member

i have a 2000 1500 silverado and mine does the same thing. if anyone can help us out with this, it would be a great help
  3. dsfloyd

dsfloyd New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

for the 2500 the cables are on the framerail below the drivers door. I know this is where you disconnect it from the pedal and i believe adjust. I dont remember why but i know I have disconnected them there before.

I have the disc rear end though so not sure if its different.
  4. nfs13b

nfs13b New Member

I have the rear disc as well, I worked out that there is a rubber grommet behind the hub that you remove and you get a screw driver in there and turn a cog which pushes out the park brake more and adjusts it.... one grommet is on the top of the hub, the other is on the bottom of the hub (one side controls forward brake, the other side reverse brake)