1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

silverado dtc p0405

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by imagedc, May 24, 2010.

1. imagedc

imagedc New Member

I have a 2000 silverado 5.3l 4wd auto. Im pulling a dtc p0405 imedeiately after resetting and stays on and a p0300 every once in a long while. I assume the misfire code was because of the egr. Truck was running fine, till i decided to replace the egr valve, now it is unresponsive and putters when tring to accelerate on the highway, only when i throttle down and drop to a passing gear i get a response without a puttering, shaking or loping. It doesnt seems to be the tranny at all it runs and drives great. I do have a diablo perfomance tune with the cats tuned out. Im really not sure which route to go with this problem bc financialy i cant replace everything i read it could be. Any advice on where i should be looking to fix this problem. I here the pcm goes out when the egr vavle goes, is there any truth to that?