Silverado Fog Lights--- Help!!

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by Wallys2006, Dec 4, 2008.

1. Wallys2006

Wallys2006 Member

Hi everybody..... brand new here. I just purchased a 2006 Silverado a few weeks ago and it did not come with the fog lights on it. I would love to get them on my truck, but I can't seem to find where to get them. I was told by one of teh service guys, at the dealership I bought the truck at, that there was a kit available that included the foglights, the harness, and a new lower plastic piece. Well, I went to the parts department, and they said that they couldn't find it on the computer. So right now I am out of luck. Would anyone know how I could go about finding the part number for this kit, so I could get it? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. tlperry68

tlperry68 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Thats a hard one. Do you need to replace plastic or metal?

3. Wallys2006

Wallys2006 Member

It is the lower plastic piece on the bumper that is getting replaced, but I was told it was part of a kit that GM sold together. The piece that is on my truck now doesn't have the fog light holes cut out. The one that they would send in the kit has the holes cut out.

4. MXZ1983

MXZ1983 Rockstar 100 Posts

just cut the holes out yourself and order the lights and brackets and wiring...you dont need the bottom bumper piece.

5. Wallys2006

Wallys2006 Member

Yeah, I could probably do that. I suppose I would have to take that plastic piece off anyways to replace it. So I could just cut them out. I was kind of hoping to avoid it, but it might be easier that way, and a bit cheaper.

6. yatch07

yatch07 New Member

7. JMoney02

JMoney02 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Well, if they could not find it, then how is the general public suppose to get replacement parts for the vehicles that do have it? I think the boy is not well trained on the PLAYSKOL computer he is working on.:neutral: You should/can purchase the necessary parts, just find the right parts guy......

Jeff

8. exceler8

exceler8 Member

I agree with Jeff. Some new guy. Shop autobody parts on-line. They have tons of replacement parts. They should be able to get you what you need. I wouldnt cut it out yourself. Will not look the same or factory. I have seen those air dams for as cheap as $75 with no light holes and I think like $90 with light hole. Fog lights come with the wire to run it. But if you are going for factory look. Go the autobody route.:great:

Last edited: Dec 7, 2008
  9. TylerR04

TylerR04 Rockstar

It sounds like you are wanting to stay with the factory look. I would check ebay first and then if you can't find anything go for something after market. You can get some nice styles and for pretty cheap with all the wiring you need. If you are cutting out the holes I would find a friend who has a dremil tool. Those things are amazing....pricey....but amazing!

10. JMoney02

JMoney02 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Log on to LMCTRUCK.COM and pick the category for the Suburban year your looking for and it will display the catalog you want online and you then can order it for free to your House. I use this
    place for the S15/Jimmy with fabulous results. A point click may provide you with another place for our
    trucks....

Jeff