1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Silverado Front Leveling Kit

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by JROCK_Z71, Mar 11, 2011.

1. JROCK_Z71

JROCK_Z71 New Member

I have a 2003 silverado 1500 with rear air bags. The added air bags give the rear end a 2" lift and so I would like to even out the front end with a leveling Kit. I have been looking into it and I'm wondering which type I should go with (ie- torsion keys, coil/strut spacers...) I'm also due for new shocks up front. Should I take this into consideration while choosing a kit? Any help on this would be great... especially if you have done it yourself.

Thanks!
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2011
  2. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

If your truck is 2WD you need spacers, if it is 4WD you will need torsion keys. You will not need shocks to accommodate the lift, (I ran mine lifted with stock shocks for 2 years) but if the shocks haven't been replaced then they are well overdue for replacement.
  3. JROCK_Z71

JROCK_Z71 New Member

4. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Those are for the NNBS trucks (2007 to 2011) unless I'm dyslexic you said yours is an '03 ? or did you mistype and mean '08 ? If indeed it is an '03 you need torsion keys.
  5. JROCK_Z71

JROCK_Z71 New Member

haha... no, you're right. I was in the middle of typing my reply; no spacers for my '03. Looks like I can get the torsion keys for around $100. Any suggestions on a brand? Also, looks like I'm definitely due for front shocks. Any suggestions on that? I know there is a lot out there... but i do have a budget. Thanks for your help!
  6. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Go with a ReadyLift kit and Bilstein shocks.
  7. Bigbomber

Bigbomber Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

X2 ,you WON'T be dissapointed.
  8. JROCK_Z71

JROCK_Z71 New Member

Thanks for the input guys. I'm shopping around online now... will let you know what i find.
  9. JROCK_Z71

JROCK_Z71 New Member