1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Silverado Leveling Kit Tire Size?

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by LEVELEDZ71, Sep 19, 2011.

1. LEVELEDZ71

LEVELEDZ71 New Member

I have a 2004 Chevy Silverado Z71. I bought it with 07-10 dealer option 20 inch 6 spoke rims (torque thrust knock off). They have 275/55/20 for tires on them. I installed a tuff country leveling kit with add a leaf and front torsion keys. I got a full 2 inches out of the front. I bought a set of stock 2005 silverado 17 inch rims. I want to put 285/70/17 firestone destination a/t tires on but i want to know if they will rub at all. The rears will clear no problem but i wanna know if trimming is required in the front or not. Any info and advise is extremely appreciated. Thanks
  2. Rockstarrchevy81

Rockstarrchevy81 Rockstar 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Idk excatly what size tire that is but you can run 33's for sure with the leveling kit and AAL. The 33 might need to be a lil bit more narrow than a 33 12.50 without any rubbing for sure and it will fit man.
  3. Burden33

Burden33 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Ur about a 32" tall tire there might be minor trimming but it will only be when the tire is at fulll lock
  4. LEVELEDZ71

LEVELEDZ71 New Member

Alright man, thank you for the info. I didnt wanna end up buyin em and find out they rub. Do u think they will rub when doin a little offroading through those good ol wisconsin farm fields?
  5. Rockstarrchevy81

Rockstarrchevy81 Rockstar 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Like i said above you could run 33's just would have to be narrow so either way you would be fine running 32's!
  6. Burden33

Burden33 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

U will be fine offroad my friend got an 08 and he dont rub at all
  7. LEVELEDZ71

LEVELEDZ71 New Member

285/70/17 converts to 32.7/11.2/17 so in that case I should be set. Especially since im runnin stock 05 silverado 17s. Thanks for all the information guys. Greatly appreciated.