Silverado Light Duty Power Package

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by gig'em, Jul 10, 2010.

1. gig'em

gig'em Member

Hey guys my 04 Silverado has the light duty power package and I was wondering if anyone had any info on what exactly this package includes/ what it was meant for (towing, offroad etc.)
    I know it has a factory rear locking differential, "HD trailering equipment", 3.73 rear axle, and "heavy duty suspension" (items in quotation are from the window sticker)

thanks

2. 04-silverado

04-silverado Rockstar 100 Posts

...not certain but I think that package consists of "the 5.3L and HD trailering" options

3. gig'em

gig'em Member

yea I do have the 5.3

any idea what is included with the HD trailering option?

4. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Usually means the 7pin connector with the wiring already with the truck for an electric brake controller. and there might be more but i know that is part of it, since i had the same option on my 02 when i bought it.

5. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

I think the HD also gives you a larger transmission cooler.

6. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

I forgot about that, it is the external instead of the internal cooler.. Usually a good thing for your tranny.

7. gig'em

gig'em Member

ok thats cool to know about the transmission cooler. and yea it does have the receiver hitch and the 7 pin connector.
    anyone know anything about the "heavy duty suspension"?

8. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

torson bars/springs and shocks are a little stiffer.

9. DarkCherry

DarkCherry Rockstar

mine also cam with the integrated trailer brake controller already installed in the dash.

10. gig'em

gig'em Member

thnaks for all the info guys