1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Silverado LT vs. F150 XLT interiors.

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by stchman, Nov 1, 2012.

Newest Gallery Photos

1. stchman

stchman Active Member 1 Year 1000 Posts

Hello all.

As you have read from my previous posts, I purchased a 2013 Silverado LTZ. I traded in my 2008 Silverado LT.

When I went shopping, I stopped by the local Ford dealer in my area and looked at a few trucks.

Since I was looking at an upscale truck I concentrated mostly on the Lariat F150. I do have to say that the Lariat has a really nice interior, it might be slightly better than the LTZ, but they are both very nice and comfy when a few options are added.

I went over and sat in an Crew Cab F150 XLT model just for the heck of it. I consider the XLT to be the same type of trim level as the LT. I just remember how plasticky and primitive the XLT interior is. The Silverado LT in cloth is a MUCH better looking interior than the F150 XLT.

To top it off the XLT I was looking at had a $40K sticker.

After my trip to the Ford dealer I went over and found a similarly equipped 2013 Silverado LT Crew Cab as the F150 I sat inover at the Ford dealer and found the interior to be far nicer, and to boot the Silverado was $35K.

So any time I hear someone say that the XLT has SUCH a nice interior, I laugh.

2. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

My 96 has a better interior then some new fords. Of course my 96 has a full leather interior and is a premium Tahoe with all possible options. Gotta love GM.

3. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

i was a in a few xlt fords. I always thought the interior of my old SLT was much better. I figure the Lariat = Denali....

Alex

4. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I concur with the Lariat = Denali comparison and think of them in the same manner.

5. paracutin

paracutin Rockstar 100 Posts

Sorry guys but I gotta give props to Ford on their interiors. I only wish Chevy offered an interior as nice as a King Ranch. I am holding out on replacing my 2004 2500HD LT until the 2014's come out. I hear tales on an interior above LTZ.

6. stchman

stchman Active Member 1 Year 1000 Posts

If you read my OP, I said that the Lariat has a really nice interior, probably a schoshe better than an LTZ. I was commenting on the XLT interior and how primitive it looks compared to say an LT Silverado.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually For makes a few trim levels above the Lariat.

King Ranch
    Platinum
    Limited

The Limited pretty much has every option you can get on a truck. They are really nice.

7. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Yup, I agree that GM has no comparison on the higher trim levels.

8. 1baddad

1baddad New Member

I have friends who drive fords and IMO the ride isn't as smooth and the seats are hard as a rock.That is the King Ranch and Platinum editions. Both these trucks were priced well over 50K

9. paracutin

paracutin Rockstar 100 Posts

No question that GM trucks ride & drive better. My 04 F250 Lariat was, IMHO, much nicer and functional inside than my 04 2500HD. I test drove an 08 F250 King Ranch. I didn't find the seats to be overly stiff. Stiffer than my Chevy but not as stiff as the wife's Mercedes. The rest of the interior was beautiful. The plastic bits were high quality and felt good. The fake wood even looked good. The 2014 GMs should have an available upscale interior for those of us that like that sort of thing.

10. ron8879

ron8879 New Member

I feel that chevy has the most comfortable seats in the older body style (up to 06) but the new seats such as in my 07 do provide good support. I will say that the body style around 02 for ford(more rounded) that had the king ranch edition was like riding on a lazy boy...argueably the best truck seat Ive ever sat in. but I was never a fan of the tan duel color on the exterior of the vehicle.