1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Silverado LT vs. F150 XLT interiors.

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by stchman, Nov 1, 2012.

1. shibby2oo8

shibby2oo8 New Member 100 Posts

Personally i think ford has better but the new 2014's are rumored to be epic so we will see this summer. Ford has to cater to all those hot-air haulers that buy the diesel 250s and lift them just to drive to the office everyday.
  2. 20TahoeLT12

20TahoeLT12 New Member

I used to drive Fords, and they were very uncomfy!And they were ALL Lariat's too. I am glad that I am in a GM now. I will NEVER go back to driving a Ford.
  3. zigger215

zigger215 New Member 100 Posts

My buddy has an 04 F-150 lariat and I have an 04 silverado 1500 LT (equivalent of the new LTZ) and my truck is much much more comfortable. As far as the newer body style goes, ford may take the cake.
  4. AnimalYates

AnimalYates New Member 100 Posts

I rode in a 2011 F150 XLT not long ago. I have to admit, it wasn't bad, but it wasn't great either. It honestly just depends on the year of the trucks if you ask me though. As far as mid level interiors go (LT vs. XLT vs. SLT) 07-current I would say GM has the nicest interior. Mid 2000's I would actually say that Dodge's SLT trim was the nicest. (06-08 Ram's are nice.). And mid to late 90's I would once again say GM. (Especiall 95-98)

Ford does have more upscale options as far as interior upgrades go with the limited, platinum, harley, etc... but unless you're willing to shell out over $50k, you get mediocre junk. Yet another reason to stay GM.
  5. PantheraUncia

PantheraUncia Active Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I think the ford exterior and interior tend to look better than gm as of the last couple years, but they are all made of fake synthetic plastic and vinyl, how many mills, I don't know. What happened to hard wood and 1/4 inch thick real leather that has been hand stitched? they sure charge enough for it.
  6. stchman

stchman New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

The only way to get a decent interior on an F150 is to get a Lariat or better.
  7. buckmeister2

buckmeister2 Member 100 Posts

Same, here...dismissing the opinion that the chevy is by far a better overall truck, the ford leather interiors are better appointed, and definitely hold up better, even though chevy is just as comfortable. I don' t know why chevy has never done anything to eliminate the early cracking and splitting in their hide interiors.
  8. zigger215

zigger215 New Member 100 Posts

They did in 2008, the leather seats from there on are made of much higher quality leather.
  9. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I don't either, but when it happens to me it'll give me a reason to mod/upgrade!
  10. buckmeister2

buckmeister2 Member 100 Posts

That is good to hear, zigger. so, if i look at a nice '09 LTZ, the leather won't likely have splits and cracks all over, and that crazy tear where people drag their butt on the bolster getting in?? Man, that would be an improvement. It is by far the most comfortable...