1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Silverado LTZ vs. Sierra Denali

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by RJNavarrete, Apr 26, 2012.

Newest Gallery Photos

1. RJNavarrete

RJNavarrete New Member

Alright guys, fill me in, please... We're in the market for a new truck and we want to know what to go with. I'm leaning towards the Denali at the moment, but I want to know if there is anything I'm missing.
  2. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

First off Welcome... 2nd What are you looking for? Are you towing? If so what? I can say that the New Denali is one HOT!! Truck in Reg or HD..
  3. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

My cousin has the same year yukon xl as mine, His is the Denali version, He can not take it out of all wheel drive. I have a 2 wd, 4hi, 4lo, and auto option. He has had to do a lot of maintenance to his front diff. I don't know if they changed that since 2003, but it is something that I would look into. Are there any extra options in the Denali that you can not get in the other model?
  4. Dnarvel

Dnarvel New Member

Well, since they are both in the top tier of their brands, I would say check to see which one has the most options you don't want/ care about and go with the other. Prices should be similar between the two, as well as everything else with a few minor tweaks. Really it is all personal prefereance at that point. They are pretty much the samer truck IIRC.
  5. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

denalis are the ultra plush, looked at a few. they command a premium, and are priced accordingly. a LTZ can be had a little cheaper i think. couldnt say for sure.

biggest difference that comes to mind is the new Denalis come with a 6.2 (1500 anyways) were as a LTZ can be with the 5.3.

Alex
  6. RJNavarrete

RJNavarrete New Member

Thanks for the responses, guys, and sorry for the lack of an informative OP. To start off, we definitely don't tow much, so that isn't much of a factor. Second, is the Denali AWD-only? I think I'd prefer a 2WD truck, as I won't be going off-road much at all, but I might compromise with the AWD-Denali if that's the only drivetrain it has available. Last, I want to know if there are any specific differences between the interiors. My guess would be that the Denali has slightly more refined interior, but I could be wrong as I've yet to see one in person. I did, however, see a new Escalade EXT interior and the center console + gauges are gorgeous!
  7. Jeremy09LTZCrew

Jeremy09LTZCrew Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

The denali comes in a 2wd or AWD option. (I wish they'd offer the 4WD. Not sure why they don't.) It also comes standard with the 6.2L engine and 3.42 gears. The LTZ has the option of the 5.3 or the 6.2 as well as 4wd and the option for 3.73 gears if you like. The Denali interior trim is a bit more refined with a little more wood trim than the LTZ in the center console. The interior looks pretty much exactly like my LTZ interior with the exception of these added refinements.

It really comes down to what you decide you want and what you're willing to pay for it. The Denali is a gorgeous truck imo, but I'm not sure it's worth the added cost on the sticker when I could take that money and put it into some aesthetic mods after the fact. That's only my opinion though. Really, the only thing keeping me from loving the Denali is the AWD vs 4wd. It's a little thing, when it really comes down to it, but when you're talking about that much money for a vehicle I think compromises should be limited.

Also keep in mind the engine. I often wish I had the 6.2 in my truck, but the mileage also suffers a fair bit from what I've read from members on here. More than the EPA sticker on the truck might imply.

I hope this helps.
  8. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

one fun thing i think about the denalis is the fact you have one, not to many people do, not to mention the fact that it will be distinct driving down the road, people will know you have it. a LTZ silverado looks mostly like a LS or a LT.

Alex
  9. ahmitchell1

ahmitchell1 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

There are denalis everywhere I look especially the new hd. I'm not a fan of the grille or the chrome, but that's a preference. I still can't tell if the woods is real in them. Anybody know?
  10. RJNavarrete

RJNavarrete New Member

I've yet to see a Denali on the road, so I think we're going to go with that. As others have said, the LTZ isn't too much of a difference from an LT to pay the premium for.