1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Silverado Modifications

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by gregory1234, Oct 22, 2012.

1. gregory1234

gregory1234 New Member

Im looking for new things to do to my truck.

Attached Files:

2. Curky

Curky Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

A Price range will help. You looking for looks or engine?
    are you leveled or lifted?

3. gregory1234

gregory1234 New Member

Im looking for mostly looks, but slight less than 300 dollar engine improvements.

4. Curky

Curky Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

Looks; I would start with Window vents, Level the truck (it don’t look like it in this pic- I could be wrong), chrome handles, chrome gill insert, chrome tow hooks, chrome bow tie.
    I’m not a chrome guy but think it will look good with that silver.

Engine; cold air intake or/and programmer
    Take a look at some different truck pictures here. It will help you with ideas.

5. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Definitely change the bowtie by going billet, chrome, or painted/powder-coated. That's a quick and easy mod and it can cost as much or as little as you want it to.

I don't know that I'd go chrome with silver; they have a way of blending in bright light. If you're not a chrome guy then all the things Curky siad to chrome -- consider black.

De-molding it will also improve its looks a lot.

6. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Probably the biggest change you could do to your truck since it's Silver would be to two tone it, say something down low on the rockers or on the top half.
    I've been thinking about something like this for my truck for a few months I just havent decided on a color scheme or design yet.
    Chrome does blend into the silver almost to well, I had chrome door handles and took them off because of this issue.
    The chrome billet grill isnt to bad but I painted my bow tie logo's a stailess steel color which is a little darker than silver and I left the black trim around the outside.
    Another trick to change up your truck is to paint the inside of your wheels, a satin black or maybe charcoal, those colors stand out but are subtle.

7. dobey

dobey Rockstar 3 Years 100 Posts

Also, please don't post basically the same thread in multiple sub-forums. :)

General advice though, don't ask other people what to do to your truck. Look at other trucks you like the looks of for ideas, and if you find some mod you do want to do, ask how to do it, if you don't know how, or it's not obvious. If you ask other people what you should do to your truck though, they're mostly just going to tell you what they would do to their own trucks, and it may or may not be what you want to do to yours.

Whatever you do, please stay away from the ugly stick-on fake hood scoops, fender vents, and other junk like that. It's tacky. :)

8. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

This times two. It's your truck, so make it YOUR truck.

This times four ... except that you might like tacky and its your truck so make it YOUR tacky truck if tacky is your thing.