1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Silverado Tranny Troubles!!!

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by Case630, Dec 7, 2009.

Newest Gallery Photos

1. Case630

Case630 New Member

Hello I have a question about my 2004 Silverado 4x4 5.3L auto trans. and if someone could help that would be great. On the weekend I disconnected the battery and now the transmission will not switch from 2nd to third properly, or 3rd to 4th. When it attempts to go from 2nd to 3rd it will only rev out high and the eventually go into third but still not run properly. I had one mechanic tell me newer vehicles do not remember electronic info the way older ones did. that you should not completely remove the battery without having an alternate source for the computer.
    Thanks.