1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Silverado trim replacements?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by APX, Sep 30, 2008.

1. APX

APX Member

I have an '04 silverado and those plastic trim pieces on the doors (extended cab) are starting to look pretty crappy. I think the last owner tried some custom spray paint job.

Anyways, where I can I get replacements at?
  2. 04sierracrewcab

04sierracrewcab Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

styling trucks (.com) has chrome, black plastic, or paintable ones :great:
  3. dwill3015

dwill3015 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

You should be able to get OEM replacements from the dealer as they are available to body shops for collision repair.
  4. APX

APX Member

Ok, cool.

How do these come off? I'm thinking for the time being of just taking them off... but I don't know if they snap in somewhere or just use double-sided heavy duty tape or whatever...
  5. APX

APX Member

Took them off, looks waaaay better without them on, I think. May add replacements in the future.... sweeet!
  6. MWright936

MWright936 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

How did you do it? Just for reference...
  7. APX

APX Member

Actually fishing line works really well. If not that, once you pry off of one end (slowly and safely with a flat head screw driver so you don't scratch or marr the paint), you just pull the rest off. It may crack or bend, but if you're taking it off in the first place you probably don't care then...

You'll want some "goo" remover that is safe on auto paint as there is left over crap from the sticky double-sided 3M tape that keeps it on there, and a cloth and some light duty cleaning material to get the built up dirt over the years out.

It took me maybe 25 minutes to get all 4 pieces off. (extended cab truck)