1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Silverado Water Leak

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by willrblair, Jul 18, 2008.

1. willrblair

willrblair New Member

I have a 2004 Silverado 1500. Recently when I shut the truck off I can hear liquid burning, it sounds like a slow drip onto something hot. There is an unusual amount of water leaking onto the ground as well. Any ideas?
  2. collinsperformance

collinsperformance Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

need more details of liquid. color, smell approxamate location. if clear and no smell i bet you been running the AC and the condisation drain is damaged and dripping on the exhaust pipe. if it ha a color red is tranny if auto or P/S fluid. green is anti freeze. are you filling the oil raditor over flow more often? well this is a long list so i stop here for now until you can add some details.....mike
  3. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

yea i agree with mike, it could just be condensaion dripping on the exhaust or something from the AC. and the coolant should be orange because it is dex-cool
  4. willrblair

willrblair New Member

Leak

Thanks for quick responses. The liquid is clear with no odor, I'm almost positive it is water, I know running the AC produces condinsation which drips out, but I've never heard of it dripping on something that burns it off, and the truck seems to produce a large amount of liquid. How would I know if the condinsation drain is damaged?