Silverado Water Leak

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by willrblair, Jul 18, 2008.

1. willrblair

willrblair New Member

I have a 2004 Silverado 1500. Recently when I shut the truck off I can hear liquid burning, it sounds like a slow drip onto something hot. There is an unusual amount of water leaking onto the ground as well. Any ideas?

2. collinsperformance

collinsperformance Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

need more details of liquid. color, smell approxamate location. if clear and no smell i bet you been running the AC and the condisation drain is damaged and dripping on the exhaust pipe. if it ha a color red is tranny if auto or P/S fluid. green is anti freeze. are you filling the oil raditor over flow more often? well this is a long list so i stop here for now until you can add some details.....mike

3. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

yea i agree with mike, it could just be condensaion dripping on the exhaust or something from the AC. and the coolant should be orange because it is dex-cool

4. willrblair

willrblair New Member

Leak

Thanks for quick responses. The liquid is clear with no odor, I'm almost positive it is water, I know running the AC produces condinsation which drips out, but I've never heard of it dripping on something that burns it off, and the truck seems to produce a large amount of liquid. How would I know if the condinsation drain is damaged?