Silverado Zr2 Concept - Sema 2009 Unveil

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by ChevyFan, Nov 4, 2009.

?

What's your opinion of the Silverado ZR2 concept?

1. Awesome, beats the Ford Raptor hands-down.

161 vote(s)
    76.7%
  2. It's nice, but only about the same as the Ford Raptor.

31 vote(s)
    14.8%
  3. It's a dud, I'd take the Ford Raptor anyday.

18 vote(s)
    8.6%
  1. mattpresley

mattpresley New Member

puh lease.............

2. nomaddad

nomaddad New Member

nNew concept ZR2 at first glance is screaming out to me TOO MUCH PLASTIC IN GRILL

I love my 2004 Silverado 2500 4x4 crew cab .This new concept needs some chrome in the grill.I like the additional horsepower .

3. Eddie Z71

Eddie Z71 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

That is one good looking truck!!!:great: Something about that BIG BOWTIE!!!

4. mattpresley

mattpresley New Member

Guaranteed that thing doesnt have 12 inches of travel in the front or 14 in the rear like the raptor it probably rides like a brick box like all the chevy trucks do... it gets the 5.4 stock with 320 hp but everybody knows its nothin to make 500 plus hp out of them.. the 6.2 with 500 hp (estimated) hell slap a supercharger on any one of the ford motors and you got somethin chevy will never have... another fact supercharged cobra 550 to the wheels while the z06 505 to the crank musle mustang has tested chevy on all their so called hp ratings and none are to the wheels its all at the crank so the zr2 i give 2 thumbs down 4 times plus 2 cause it wont do anything but suck

5. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Honestly I think it is a dud, I bet the price tag will be higher than a Denali truck. I would bet this truck will list starting at $60,000, and that's conservative on my part. It makes me laugh how many people on here want one, but every week some one wants to know how to get better MPG's out of a gas hog. Trucks are trucks dammit, if you want gas mileage buy a car. Sorry for the rant but it's true, you would be lucky if that truck gets 10mpg going down hill. :sign0023:

6. ahm1127

ahm1127 Rockstar 100 Posts

I like the look & color, HP numbers sound good but can the drive train handle it. Chevy has a very week independent suspension for there trucks I hope they did a better job on this truck with out adding to much weight. Get rid of the stupid carbon fiber, doesnt belong on truck. Get rid of the 20" wheels & put on 17" or 18". Keep it simple on the inside, its for offroad but offer aftermarket stuff through Chevy.
    Chevy should make a 2 wheel version & 4x4 version.

7. maximumrob

maximumrob New Member

Looks like a knee-jerk reaction to the Raptor. SVT actually put some time in to creating something unique chassis-wise, but GM looks like it went to Superlift and said, "I'll take a 4" lift and some blingy wheels."

There's nothing I see in the ZR2 that warrants a special price tag, especially since I see that same truck at least 20 times every day on the road in Dallas. Every dude in town with a few bucks to spare lifts his truck. What's special?

Horsepower alone will not make the ZR2 awesome when side by side with a Raptor.

8. pmpddyd1

pmpddyd1 New Member

Am I the only one who doesn't like that front end? The powertrain is cool and all, but it looks like dog meat if you ask me. I'll take the raptor please.

9. bigburb

bigburb Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

Well, if you're the big ford fan that you're coming off as, why are you on a GM site? All three or four posts I've seen from you are talking about how Ford's Raptor is superior to Chevy's ZR2. I see you have a 2500 HD from your signature, but that doesn't mean you can com here and rag on Chevy. Sorry if I'm coming off as a dick, it just bugs me when people do that.

And I have to agree with TRPLXL2 about the gas mileage, if you're buying a truck with a 550hp supercharged V8, you'd better not hope for good gas mileage! I would probably be gettin' about 5 or 6 cause I wouldn't be able to keep my foot outta the gas with all the power!

10. 2ToNe04

2ToNe04 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

that zr2 sucks

ford raptor will it eat it.

The ZR2 looks like they copied the dodge tailgate and copied the ford front end.

it still has the weak 10 bolt.

Tranny will probably **** itself.. if they put the same ol 4l60

dont get me wrong im a chevy guy, but gm has been using crappy trannies and rearends

Last edited: Nov 5, 2009