Simple and Cheap performance gains?

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by CJ2012, Jun 4, 2012.

1. CJ2012

CJ2012 New Member

Is there anyone out there who knows some simple and cheaper performance add on's i already have a programmer and im looking to start delving into the motor. thinking cold air intake and maybe a TBS any other ideas to add a few horses without busting the bank?
    thanks in advance :D

2. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

no such thing as a simple and cheap power add. TB spacers are junk, dont bother. intakes help with wide open throttle, but dont do much otherwise. I see you already have a tuner and exhaust. to get more your going into the engine. I.E. new cam and so on.

cheap power adds? reduce weight.

Alex

3. ChevyHD

ChevyHD Rockstar 100 Posts

Headers would be my next step if I were you. And like said above, a tbs will not do much for your truck. Those are useful to the older engines.

4. ChromeSilver02

ChromeSilver02 Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

^^^^^ Agreed with Alex, I also recommend headers

Edit: looks like ChevyHD beat me too it

5. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Get a custom tune to go with that programmer. Hopefully you bought one that allows you to data log and lay in custom tunes from a custom tuner so that the handheld is a stepping stone to a custom tune rather than becoming vestigial. Custom tunes run as cheap as $135 bucks if you have a Diablosport programmer...

6. 06MonteSS

06MonteSS Rockstar 4 Years 100 Posts

yeah.. what programmer do you already have???

7. ChevyHD

ChevyHD Rockstar 100 Posts

If you have a diablosport... ^^^^Lew is your man!!!!

8. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

And if you don't have a Diablorsport ... ask yourself why not. :)

9. darnie1987

darnie1987 Rockstar 100 Posts

There are a few cheap mods you can do PM me if your interested :)

10. moogvo

moogvo Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Hey guys, please keep the discussion in the public forum so that it may be of benefit to everyone. If we resort to sending pm messages to each other for answers to the questions that are asked, then it sort of defeats the purpose of the open forum.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2012