Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Sirius message keeps appearing on my instrument cluster; need to get rid of

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by mfleetwood, Sep 6, 2013.

1. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Does anyone know how to get rid of the Sirius/XM advertisement that keeps appearing on my DIC? I don't have an OEM radio, I've completely disconnected the XM box behind the glove box, and I did a "restore to factory defaults" for the DIC. Nothing has worked so far. This message keeps appearing when I first start my truck and then about every 5 to 10 minutes as I'm driving.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 6, 2013
  2. K15 Blazer Guy

K15 Blazer Guy Member 2 Years 100 Posts

its a government controlled medium earth orbit satellite with the down-link maintained through on-star... which has the ability to shut off your truck at any moment... so no, there is no way to control that
    lol

3. mfleetwood

Bastards!!!!!

4. mfleetwood

All of these audio experts we have on this site and no one knows how to get rid of Sirius/XM messaging?

After disconnection my battery for a few minutes, I got the message down to only appearing once (the message has changed to "no signal reception" or something of that nature), and that is when I first start my truck. It's definitely better than appearing every few minutes as I'm driving but would like this message to completely go away from my DIC, as it forces me to acknowledge the message before normal information appears.

Anyone have any ideas?

5. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy ↑↑↑ Has no life Staff Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

You might want to try hooking the XM receiver back up. It looks to me like there's something in the vehicle that's calling on the radio to tune to the preview channel. Having the tuner there might at least give it enough sense to keep it from coming up again by replying that the tuner can't talk to the radio or such. If it doesn't work, it can be pretty easily pulled back out.

6. Burden33

Burden33 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

i had the same problem asfter switching out my radio and mine use to come on all the time now it seems like it never come on that or im just use ot it and never notice it a.nymore

7. stchman

stchman Active Member 1 Year 1000 Posts

Seriously? I pay for SiriusXM on my 2013, but you're telling me that if I cancel it, something in the DIC will prompt me to buy it?

It has to be the trucks only, my girlfriend has a 2013 Malibu and let the free trial of Sirius cancel. She has no messages on the Malibu DIC trying to get her to buy.

8. Burden33

No that's not what we are saying we got aftermarket stereos and I never put in the xm antenna since it was an extra hundred and I don't use it. Now my xm code or what ever it is when u try to buy it shows up on my dlc

9. stchman

stchman Active Member 1 Year 1000 Posts

Anyone have a pic of what is happening.

10. Burden33

i can have pics up tomorrow after i get off night shift