1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Sirius message keeps appearing on my instrument cluster; need to get rid of

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by mfleetwood, Sep 6, 2013.

1. mfleetwood

mfleetwood New Member 1000 Posts

Yeah, I tried tying it back in and then the other message re-appears telling me to call to subscribe and flashes the preview info. Based on the posts below and all I've tried, I guess it's something permanently programmed in the DIC and I'll just have to live with it. Yuck!

- - - Updated - - -

A pic is on the very first post of this thread.
  2. dsfloyd

dsfloyd New Member 1000 Posts

Maybe since the govt "shut down" today maybe the message will go away

ok on a serious note I am of no help. Sorry
  3. 08_rado_rocker

08_rado_rocker New Member

out of curiosity [MENTION=37237]mfleetwood[/MENTION] ... what kind of aftermarket head unit do you have? I have never seen this before and have had 3-4 different stereos in my truck both with and without the xm plugged in. Currently I have a Pioneer touch screen 6disc with active xm subscription.

...and the pic isn't showing on the first post btw. (on my end at least)
  4. mfleetwood

It's a Kenwood DNX 6180; however, that's really not relevant, as the factory satellite tuner does not tie into my after market receiver at all. This whole thing first started earlier this when Sirius started running a "come back" promo with 3 free months of a free subscription and they started transmitting the promo out to people who did not have a satellite radio subscription any longer. I think because I have the DIC (not sure if you do or not) in addition to having satellite information be seen on the head unit, it also comes through the DIC info display. I called Sirius and they said they would stop transmitting the signal to my OEM satellite tuner (I provided to the my tuner ID) but that did not help; thus I finally totally disconnected it, so now my DIC says "no signal reception" or something of that nature.

Maybe this only happens to vehicles that have the DIC as it looks like [MENTION=24764]Burden33[/MENTION] has the DIC as well?

Odd about the pic not showing in the first post for you. I still see it. Can someone else please let me know if you see a pic in post 1 or not? Thanks!
  5. Burden33

Burden33 New Member

iye si do have it and after talking to a couple of buddies of mine who i installed there stereos for seems like they got it coming up to. pic aint working at all btw. [MENTION=37237]mfleetwood[/MENTION]
  6. mfleetwood

7. pillpushersierra

pillpushersierra New Member

XM/Sirius fix

I was on the phone today with GMC and XM, neither one was able to help. Tomorrow I am calling OnStar to see what they can do. I might stop into my local dealer to see if they know about it. Very frustrating and annoying, I'm not giving up easy on this one. I'll relay any positive feedback.