1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Sirius radio connected to radio with XM

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by HitchHiker, Jul 7, 2007.

1. HitchHiker

HitchHiker New Member

I have a 2006 Silverado 2500HD with XM radio. Is there a jack on the back of the radio or somewhere else where I can easily connext a Sirius receiver? I know on the 2007s there is a jack on the front of the radio where you can plug a Sirius radio (or iPod) and access it by pushing the aux cd button. I have the aux cd button on the front of my radio, so I assume there is a place to connect another device.
  2. Rumpamuro

Rumpamuro New Member

Probably not, ive had the same button on a 99 Lumina aux/cd, and there was nothing to plug into on the back. Easiest way to find out is by taking her out and finding out first hand.
  3. TahoeFever

TahoeFever New Member

Actually get the SIR-GM1

it comes with both harness's one if You dont have Xm installed already and one if you do .. I would assume that you already have it so all u need to do is swap out the Xm brain and add the harness Even the XM antenna hookup fits.

I just did mine bout two months back sorry didnt see this posting earlier. and you can run the sirius through your aux button instead of it saying XM it will say sirius :)

Simple Install