Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

site to enter vin #

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by etpn13, Mar 4, 2009.

1. etpn13

etpn13 Member

does anyone know of site where you can get specs on your truck by entering ur vin #. i used to have a tacoma and i think there was a site for it but i cant remember it. thanks.

2. ct9a

ct9a Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I've seen one that comes back with whether the vehicle is stolen or not.

3. plumber_rob

plumber_rob Rockstar 100 Posts

Any dealer should be able to do it. I don't know if it cost anything though.

4. daddytech

daddytech Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

5. MrShorty

MrShorty Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Which specs are you looking for? On GM vehicles, there's a sticker (in your truck it should be in your glove box) with a long list of 3 digit alphanumeric codes, called RPO codes. These codes correspond to the options that wer put into your truck at production. Find that list of codes, then look them up online. There are any number of sites with RPO code lists (I even think someone posted a PDF file here). I would suggest you start there and see if that answers your questions about your truck.

6. etpn13

etpn13 Member

ok thanks ill look in the glove box. the sticker on the driver's side door has worn off but maybe there will still be the one in the glove box.

7. daddytech

daddytech Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

sorry I can't help any more than the two sites I gave which obviously weren't what you were looking for. hope the other information you were given helps though.