site update going on

Discussion in 'Announcements & Feedback' started by ChevyFan, Apr 13, 2012.

1. Jeremy09LTZCrew

Jeremy09LTZCrew Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I miss chat. I never really used it and then in the span of a week had extensive conversations with 07, Rado, Surreal, Amac, etc.. It really does add a lot and we're not stuck constantly checking PMs or bloating threads with one on one conversations.

Anyway, all of that being said, I genuinely appreciate all you do for the site Steve. I know it isn't easy, and adding even a seemingly simple thing like chat can exponentially increase your work on the back end sometimes. Keep up the good work.

2. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Got the website traffic back! YEAH BABY!

gmtc website traffic.jpg

3. AMac

AMac Member 2 Years GMTC Chick 500 Posts ROTM Winner

Well that's a plus, nice work!

Quick question. If I have my invisible mode on which "Invisible mode allows you to browse the forums without appearing in the 'Currently Active Users' lists." That means I would still show up in the list below? I see 'Invisible' listed a couple times in this so maybe I'm missing a setting? I shortened the list for the posting.

Users active in the past 24 hours

13337 Users have visited the forum. 192 members and 13145 guests
    06MonteSS, 07XCSB, 2k1Silverado, ahmitchell1, Airezenmaster, alabamaxrebel, Alan Crosby, alkaspeltzar, aloxdaddy99, Als09Sierra, AMac*, sierra11, Sierraowner5.3, silverhobey, silveron, skinne44, spicerdd, Spike, Invisible, stewart7225, storheimt, SupplySgt, Invisible, SWAT13, teknik, TELORVEHC, the phantom, tigersdl65, TJbear, TnT817, TOCCHET, tongshil, trobbl, troutbug, troyb, truckman813, tt03tbltz, TXFireman87, tyschneid, Untouchable, upnorth, UpsetProps,V8ReiM3R88MaRo, Vallez93, Velocity1, VisaliaIPA, xsparky, yota571, zigger215, zzpw3x

4. ChevyFan

I can see all, same with any moderator. No one else can see you though.

5. AMac

oh and maybe I can see my name listed because it's me? I'm assuming that is why there is an asterisk next to my name.

Thank you for the quick response. Do you anticipate the chat app returning?

6. ChevyFan

I have to finish my taxes tonight and tomorrow night, lol. Maybe after that. :p

7. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Methinks Steve's a procrastinator. :p

8. AMac

I guess we can let that slide, wouldn't want Uncle Sam shutting down the site.

9. Burden33

Burden33 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Steve NEVER procrastinat:neutral:

10. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Which is why he's doing his taxes on the last day one can do them without an extension... :rofl: