sitting at walmart and got sideswiped...ideas?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by lindsaynuts8, Aug 3, 2012.

1. lindsaynuts8

lindsaynuts8 New Member

i was parked in walmart and when i walked out to my truck i noticed there were white paint scrape marks and scratches down the side of the driver side of the bed. was wondering if anybody knows a cheaper fix or maybe a good wax to buff it to see if thatll take away the scratches at least

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 3, 2012
  2. AMac

AMac New Member

I don't like these kinds of stories; sorry to hear this happened!
    Can you take a pic of the damage so the members can get a better idea of what you're up against? Some of the damage may be fixable by your own doing. also, you have to be careful with who you have buff your vehicle because sometimes they can make the damage look worse but leaving swirl marks.

I hate inconsiderate/stupid people :grrrrrr:
  3. TexasTechRaider

TexasTechRaider New Member

I know your pain, twice a basket has been thrown at my car and left considerable damage. One is a deep scratch that I've gotten looked at the has been decided the fender should jus be replaced and another is the corner of the bumper and it literally took chunks out of the bumper.I hate people..
  4. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 New Member

First I would stay away from that store who shall remain nameless. I would try Mothers brand of rubbing compound. It comes in different levels of "grit". But the first thing you need to try and see if it broke through to the primer or even deeper. If it is deep and hit the primer or deeper some paint is needed. Stuff like this is why I park as far out and away from people I as I possibly can.
  5. lindsaynuts8

lindsaynuts8 New Member

i got pics up now. and that stinks u had that happen to u :(
  6. lindsaynuts8

lindsaynuts8 New Member

ok. i know the scratch thats it the biggest has cut thru the primer. i can actually feel the thickness so thats something im gonna have to actually paint. but thanks ill try it and see if it helps. thanks so much :)
  7. ahmitchell1

ahmitchell1 New Member

I've been keyed twice now and every time was lucky enough to get most of it out with a buffer. Try that and if it don't work you'll have to look into some paint work
  8. lindsaynuts8

lindsaynuts8 New Member

was ur signature picture taken at walmart? cause if so thats funny as hell lol
  9. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member

Wow. There's no way the person who did that didn't know it. AKA hit and run. LAME.
  10. lindsaynuts8

lindsaynuts8 New Member

yea. i was gonna ask to see there cameras but i dont even wanna bother. ill just fix it. i mean the trucks not perfect so if it buffs out thatd be great but if not ill just leave it. im looking into fixing the rockers and repainting the truck in a year or so
  11. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member

Just for future reference, Wal-Mart has the best security systems of any store in the world just about. If it was a car that did that, and you get the police involved (if you can - if it's enough damage) they will give a digital copy (or let the cops see their monitors) of the accident and they can pull license plates and more with their cameras.
  12. TexasTechRaider

TexasTechRaider New Member

That's the aftermath of the baskets, the scratch is a lot worse than it looks in the picture.

Attached Files:

13. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 New Member

That sucks TTR and lindsaynuts8. I just removed my door moulding so when I park, its as far away as I care to walk.
  14. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 New Member

this is part of the reason im LEAVYING my door molding on, people that cant drive! been lucky so far, the 11 hasnt been touched, and the 05 had one small chip on the bed from a grocery cart im guessing.

Alex
  15. Rocky

Rocky New Member

Wal-Mart attracts some totally belligerent riff-raff.
  16. PantheraUncia

PantheraUncia New Member

That stinks, but I can offer you a little help on the repair side.

The marks that look like white chalk marks which you are not able to remove by hand; if you have a 6 inch variable speed orbital polisher, I was able to get rid of the ones on my bed in about 5 minutes using a medium and fine liquid polish and then waxing the truck again to protect the clear coat.

The one that looks like a round rust spot is another story, that will need some sort of body repair.
  17. lindsaynuts8

lindsaynuts8 New Member

2012-08-04_13-00-08_485.jpg
    thats some pretty legit security isnt it? thats where i always used to park and they just took the cameras down about a week before. i didnt notice at the time
  18. Curky

Curky New Member

Sorry to hear this
  19. Coach24

Coach24 New Member

Check with walmart to see camera of that time. If it shows a shopping cart did it they will pay to have it repaired. You may need law enforcement to view the video, as I had to. It cost Walmart 1100 dollars but it covered the repair on my vehicle.
  20. lindsaynuts8

lindsaynuts8 New Member

i posted a pic of there "great security" and the cameras were not up at the time of the accident so they cannot do anything...not a big deal ill just try buffing it when i get the time