1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

sitting at walmart and got sideswiped...ideas?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by lindsaynuts8, Aug 3, 2012.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Just for future reference, Wal-Mart has the best security systems of any store in the world just about. If it was a car that did that, and you get the police involved (if you can - if it's enough damage) they will give a digital copy (or let the cops see their monitors) of the accident and they can pull license plates and more with their cameras.
  2. TexasTechRaider

TexasTechRaider Member 2 Years 500 Posts

That's the aftermath of the baskets, the scratch is a lot worse than it looks in the picture.

Attached Files:

3. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

That sucks TTR and lindsaynuts8. I just removed my door moulding so when I park, its as far away as I care to walk.
  4. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

this is part of the reason im LEAVYING my door molding on, people that cant drive! been lucky so far, the 11 hasnt been touched, and the 05 had one small chip on the bed from a grocery cart im guessing.

Alex
  5. Rocky

Rocky Member

Wal-Mart attracts some totally belligerent riff-raff.
  6. PantheraUncia

PantheraUncia Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

That stinks, but I can offer you a little help on the repair side.

The marks that look like white chalk marks which you are not able to remove by hand; if you have a 6 inch variable speed orbital polisher, I was able to get rid of the ones on my bed in about 5 minutes using a medium and fine liquid polish and then waxing the truck again to protect the clear coat.

The one that looks like a round rust spot is another story, that will need some sort of body repair.
  7. lindsaynuts8

lindsaynuts8 Member

2012-08-04_13-00-08_485.jpg
    thats some pretty legit security isnt it? thats where i always used to park and they just took the cameras down about a week before. i didnt notice at the time
  8. Curky

Curky Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

Sorry to hear this
  9. Coach24

Coach24 Rockstar 3 Years 5000 Posts

Check with walmart to see camera of that time. If it shows a shopping cart did it they will pay to have it repaired. You may need law enforcement to view the video, as I had to. It cost Walmart 1100 dollars but it covered the repair on my vehicle.
  10. lindsaynuts8

lindsaynuts8 Member

i posted a pic of there "great security" and the cameras were not up at the time of the accident so they cannot do anything...not a big deal ill just try buffing it when i get the time