1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Size of trim/star drivers for a 1990 Chevy Suburban

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by demanindenver, Jan 9, 2011.

Random Gallery Photos

1. demanindenver

demanindenver New Member

Wanting to replace drivers side headlight on my 90 Suburban but can't seem to find the right size trim/star driver. Local parts store sold me a two driver set with a size 15 and a 20 saying that these were the two most common sizes. Apparently the screws with my Suburban are in between. So, I'm looking for something in between the 15-20. Go back to the parts store to return the two driver set and buy another, but they don't have anything in between. All the sets they have jump from size 15 to 20. Is the Suburban such an uncommon size that it's not going to be available in a standard set?
    Thanks
  2. KidHauler

KidHauler New Member 100 Posts

My bit says T15. Check that the screws aren't damaged, or have been replaced with oddball stuff over the years.

Good luck,