1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Skid plate for a 6" Fabtech

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by jmanb, Aug 29, 2011.

1. jmanb

jmanb New Member

Anyone know of a skid plate that works with a 6" Fabtech lift on a 2011 Silverado? Maybe I missed it but didn't see one on their website.
  2. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Look at some other lift kit manufactures. On my '05 Silverado I have a 6" Skyjacker lift with there skid plate that attaches to the lower Skyjacker subframe, I then installed a Rancho skid plate that attaches to the front lower control arm bolts and runs up to the trucks frame behind the bumper. You can see this in my lastest photo album.
  3. jmanb

jmanb New Member

So it looks like pretty standard mounting location and that's about what I'm looking for. Thanks!
  4. Rockstarrchevy81

Rockstarrchevy81 New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Why would you want to have a rancho Skid Plate with a Fabtech Lift? That doesn't make sense to me? Just curious...:lol:
  5. jmanb

jmanb New Member

I'm not necessarily looking for a Rancho. I would actually prefer one that's not branded at all. I'm more asking about skid plates that will actually work with the Fabtech.
  6. Rockstarrchevy81

Oh okay man well which ever you choose some how you should be able to mod it very easily to work! I'm guessing most aren't that thick and could do some fab work too it pretty easy! Do you still have that Boylift forsale? I might have to jump on that here in a week or two!
  7. jmanb

jmanb New Member

I do still have it. Getting ready to list it on ebay soon. Price goes up then ;-)
  8. Rockstarrchevy81

Yeah i was looking at one on Ebay for $149 and only $10 shipping is a damn good deal..
  9. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Rockstarr, the reason for the double skid plate is for more protection and they reinforce the front suspension when off-roading. If you look at my photo album you can see the Rancho skid plate thats at a angle, then the Skyjacker plate is mounted flat under the suspension subframe so the two skid plate blend into each other. This works great when rolling over logs, rocks etc...
  10. Rockstarrchevy81

Oh okay that's a pretty good idea then!