1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

skid plates

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by nickgiacalone, Mar 24, 2009.

1. nickgiacalone

nickgiacalone New Member

last weekend i was slingin a little mud and managed to put some nice cracks in the front skid plate on my truck. the little flimsy plastic one that chevy has straight from the factory, i noticed it today when i was changing my oil. i called the dealer to ask if the offered anything other then plastic for the front plate, i was told nothing from GM. my question is does anyone know where i can get a reasonablly priced skid plate that will hold up better then the little plastic one that comes stock? oh yeah, and preferably that will bolt right into the holes that are already there.
  2. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 New Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

3. nickgiacalone

nickgiacalone New Member

I'll look into that. thanks! any other suggestions please let me hear those as well
  4. rotaryenginepete

rotaryenginepete New Member

yeah i was offroading in 07 and that thing shattered on my truck, sent plastic shards into my fan blades, which also shattered and rendered my radiator fubar...had to order new parts and replace them on my own for about $600, the dealer quoted $2300 for them to repair it!
  5. nickgiacalone

nickgiacalone New Member

i was wheeling again this past weekend and cracked it even more. if you or anyone knows where there are nice aluminum ones to buy aftermarket please let me know. thanks!!