Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Skiv in VA

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by skivhere, Sep 30, 2007.

1. skivhere

skivhere Rockstar 100 Posts

Heya y'all. I am here in the Norfolk part of VA and just found this forum. I have a '96 GMC 2500 SCLB that I have had for around 7 years. Gonna be sold soon I hope because I have to pay off the '97 K1500 Suburban I just bought!!

The truck was fun when I was young and single (it has buckets and custom interior, exhaust, etc...) but with a wife and 3 kids, I needed more room. Plus, with it being a 4X4, I am finally able to take it on the beaches of the Outer Banks!

Anyway, I will be around, glad to find another GM forum!!:party:
  2. TrailLeadr

TrailLeadr Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Great! We're glad to have you, so welcome to the club! Got any pics of your new burb?

We love pics here, and if you didn't know we hold a monthly contest for the ride of the month. Submit a pic of your ride to be eligible.
  3. Davandy

Davandy Moderator 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site :sign0016:
  4. MD4x4 Fireman

MD4x4 Fireman Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

:sign0016: to the party. finally someone else not TOO far from me:lol:. Any mods to the suburban even though its a family vehicle?
  5. skivhere

Thanx guys...glad to be here!

First of all, the Suburban...cuz it's easy. I haven't done anything to it...yet. It came with dual exhaust tips out the back...that's it. I have an intake on it now, but I have some plans, mostly cosmetic...and cheap! I will post up pics as I do stuff. It's kinda wierd actually, usually I would have taken about 50 pics in the first week. With this one, I didn't get any pics until it was about a week old; and that was also my first off road experience with her!! Come to think of it, it's still the only pics I've take! I keep planning to wash her up before I take any real pics, but haven't had the time. Anyway, here's a couple pics.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The '96 GMC is a different story. I will probably never be able to list all the things I have done to her. I was going to link it over to another forum that I am a member to, but I figured you guys didn't want that!! I didn't really come here just to post up a for sale add, but I figured that would be the easiest way to describe what's been done to her...and post up an add! Anyway, that's my pride and joy, but because I need the Suburban to haul the kids, etc; the truck can't stay. I still drive it every couple days when I get a chance, just cuz it's so much fun to drive...it will surely be missed. Anyway, before I tear up, here's a link to a better description and pics.
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8046

I am actually hoping to get some pics of the two together soon, so I can make a new signature picture...so hopefully I will have some new pics up soon!
  6. skivhere

B-more is still about 4 hours away!! Really, no one is closer??!!

I actually grew up in Northern Balto Co just off of I-83...4 miles from the PA line.
  7. MD4x4 Fireman

i am in baltimore county down near dundalk(if you know where that is). i havent really found anyone from MD on here, i posted a thing about me and a few ppl trying to make a truck club and got no responses.
  8. skivhere

Yep, I know where Dundalk is...by the marine terminals. There used to be a subshop down there that was somewhat legendary...at least among the truckers. Called Captain Harvey's...do you know if it's still there? I think I was 16 the last time I was there, so it puts it ... dammit...23 years ago!!! Damn I am old...:gasp:
  9. MD4x4 Fireman

captain harveys is still around, i dont think that place will ever go