1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

SLANG DICTIONARY... Add your word.

Discussion in 'Games Forum' started by the phantom, Feb 28, 2014.

1. the phantom

the phantom Active Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I thought since we are from all parts of the country it would be fun to see slang words that people use in everday speech. well maybe not everyday but I guess they could be real words. But I can think of some that Im sure are not in the dictionary. I guess what I would like to see is maybe your word or short phrase and maybe a breif description of its meaning if its not obvious.. Here are some examples I thought are funny

Pridnear --------- pretty much there
    over yonder-------I always wondered how far was a yonder
    whatchamacallit---I think this one is obvious
    wassup-----------also obvious
    damnear---------just about there.. I say this sometimes :lol:
    thats Fubar------&^%%%ed up beyond all repair
    the can is all----(This one a southern PA guy I work with says and tells me "all" means empty:neutral:
    thingamajig------I guess this is like whatchamacallit:lol:

so I guess if you guys come up with some things to add to the SLANG DICTIONARY post it here.. And its ok to add to your dictionary Too!!
  2. Dana W

Dana W Member 100 Posts

Yonah? Do you want to? Yonah go to the mall? Also pronounced Yontah.

Ima. I am... Ima goin' to the mall.

Jeff Foxworthy has about a zillion of these. He used to do a list in his stand-up routine. Being from the South, I can tell you they are all true.
  3. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Meat Maxi= that weird white thing that they put under steaks and ground beef. Between the foam tray and the beef.
  4. Dana W

Dana W Member 100 Posts

Oh gawd. You just ruined a 20 dollar T bone for me.
  5. the phantom

Ha haaaa thats funny!!!!
  6. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I came up with it one day while making a steak! I was slightly buzzed, had everything ready to go on the grill, picked the steak up, looked at my wife and said wtf is this thing stuck to my steak, a meat maxi? The name stuck
  7. Goldie

Goldie New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

JDLR - Jes' Don't Look Right. I learned this and lived by it when I was in law enforcement. Paid off!
  8. the phantom

How about some words that you say instead of swearing..:lol:

awww cheese and rice......
    dang nabbit
    ahhh crapp:)rules:thats not a swear word is it?):lol:

Anyone else?????
  9. Rocketmanh5

Rocketmanh5 New Member 100 Posts

Fill in word-Fubarred, bass ackwards, fluster cluck, duck, some beach, whatthetruck.

Slang words- Meown-sort of line move on or come on but a word of it's own. Like when people drag around walking at the store just go "meown" real fast.
  10. the phantom

Nice^^^^ Yeah I say "some beach" alot...:lol:My GF says Fubarred once in awhile..

how about discombobulated
    or bumfungled