1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

slight "lurch" when stopped sometimes

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by 08bowtie, Sep 6, 2009.

1. 08bowtie

08bowtie Rockstar 100 Posts

OK so not all the time but every once in a while I get a small lurching feeling when I roll up on a stop sign and hold the brake, usually when it is not warmed up yet. Any thoughts, comments etc????:rules:

2. nos351wcm

nos351wcm Rockstar

Maybe your transmission is taking too long to downshift, Has your trans ever been serviced before?

3. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy ↑↑↑ Has no life Staff Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

When I'm stopped or creeping along in traffic I have this in my car. I've always thought it was just me letting off the brake a little so the transmission was trying to drag me along.

4. Z71_guy

Z71_guy Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

when the compressor kicks on the engine will come up in RPM to compensate for the extra load and that may be what your feeling

5. 08bowtie

that's probably what it is, makes sense. Don't think I need to service tranny yet, only 15 k on it:great:

6. 08bowtie

thats prob what it is, should hope that I don't need a tranny service at 15k:gasp::lol: