1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Slip yoke noise ~ 2004 Silverado

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by Dustin2798, Jul 17, 2012.

1. Dustin2798

Dustin2798 New Member

When Shifting into Drive from Park on my 04' silverado K1500 there is a very noticable clunk noise. From doing a little bit of reading im guessing this is the slip yoke? Looking for a fix for this. Is it something that needs to be replaced or is there another solution.

Thanks for any advice
  2. Skippy

Skippy Member 2 Years 100 Posts

Yep. Considered "normal operating conditions" for that model year (mine, too @ 2006). There's a bit of play in the slip-yoke. Yyou can pull it and add a bunch of heavy duty grease and it'll go away for a while. You can also replace it with a hardened nickle plated yoke available from GMC. It removes the clunk, too. Either way it's not considered a part failure. The hardened plated one is like $400, though. I just live with it.