1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Slow website connections?

Discussion in 'Announcements & Feedback' started by ChevyFan, May 21, 2013.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Anyone else notice the website has been very slow lately? I'm working with the host to see what's going on but some of the pages were loading about 1/3 of the speed that they used to ...
  2. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Sadly, I've moved to a location where my connection speed is 1/15th the speed it was 2 months ago ... so all slowdowns I've experienced have been attributed to that.

Thanks for looking into page load performance, though. Once I'm back on a fast link (which could occur in a month that rhymes with 'orange' -- who knows?!) I'll definitely appreciate it.
  3. Pikey

Pikey Active Member Staff Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I have only noticed it when I first refresh a page after being gone for a while. If I am clicking around the site, it seems normal. I have noticed that the emails have been delayed today. I received 53 of them at one time today.
  4. ChevyFan

They're not seeing much of anything, so I'm not sure what's going on. Maybe I'll do a hard server reboot and let everything fire up from scratch. They did an upgrade a couple of days ago on something so I'll have to see what they did.

- - - Updated - - -

... I did a graceful reboot to see if the server kernel updates didn't fully update, seems to be a little faster. We're not killing the CPU, but there are some other technical issues that we need to look into to get this baby moving faster.
  5. Curky

Curky Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

I have not had a problem at all.
  6. ChevyFan

Really? The server just did two different updates that I think are working in tandem to make the site slow. There was a major update for the overall system, but there also have been some security lockdowns that might be affecting how email works. Let me see what I can do about that again. Wish this worked better and I didn't have to spend so much time on IT issues.
  7. BigBlueLB756

BigBlueLB756 Rockstar 100 Posts

It's all over the 'net. I think it's all of them dam teenagers texting since they're out of school and don't have to have summer jobs anymore.