1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

SLP underdrive pulley

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by slogan412, Oct 8, 2012.

1. slogan412

slogan412 New Member

Has anyone installed the SLP underdrive or and underdrive pulley on a newer 5.3? And if so is worth the $220? Can you tell the horsepower increase but the ol butt dyno?
  2. RayVoy

RayVoy Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

An under-drive set of pulleys is used when you want to save a little of the hp being used to turn the accessories.

When used, the pulleys turning the alt, power steering, etc turn slower that stock for any given engine speed.

This saved hp can be used to move the vehicle.

Would it show on a dyno? Yes.

Can it be felt? I doubt it.

However, what you may feel, is a power steering pump that does not feel like it's working correctly and an alternator that may not keep the battery charged.
  3. Metaluzc

Metaluzc Rockstar 4 Years 100 Posts

Not worth it for the price. Save your money and put it towards a cat-back exhaust and a custom tune for your diablo.
  4. sierra11

sierra11 Rockstar 100 Posts

I would definitely have to agree with metaluzc save the money and put it towards those and you will feel a good bit of difference.
  5. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

You might have charging issues by using an underdrive pulley, your 2010 truck has an integrated system working the alternator to reduce alternator drag on the engine, I'm not sure how the two would work together.